|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Music of Awesome:
- La Seine (The Seine) sung by Lucille alone: The less good of them, but an excellent introduction to the goodness.
- Un monstre a Paris (A monster in Paris): A very sad song for the very sad scene where the true nature of the monster is revealed.
- Papa Paname (Daddy Paname, "Paname" being a nickname for Paris): A song that, in itself, isn't really integrated into the plot, but is very catchy and a pleasure to listen.
- L'amour dans l'ame (Love in the soul): Again a very sad song, symbolizing Francoeur's farewell as he's apparently dead...
- Un p'tit baiser (A lil' kiss): An upbeat, cheerful and delicious jaunt as the movie goes from Downer Ending to Happy Ending in a few seconds when it's revealed that Francoeur is alive!
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Bibo dedicated the film to his father. Aww.
- Die for Our Ship: Raoul seems like a semi-decent guy in the trailers (although he's starting to get a bit of a Jerkass vibe from the looks of the English trailer), but he is already strongly disliked by fans who see him as an obstacle for Lucille/Francoeur. However, once the film was released in english Raoul's hatedom shrunk immensely, and now even most Francille shippers love him.
- Ear Worm "La Seine". This isn't even in English yet and it doesn't leave. Help us all for the English dub.
- Tear Jerker: "A Monster in Paris" (the song). The movie part it accompanies makes it even worse.
- During the ending, when everyone thinks that Francoeur is dead, Lucille is preparing for the show, but everything in the room reminds her of the flea who became a brother to her, and she collapses in tears. God...
Raoul: Lucille, do you hear them? You got to go.
Lucille: I can't... I don't want... Not without him...
Raoul: I know. But you can't abandon this. It's what you are. Do it. Not for them. Not for me. But for him...
- Ugly Cute: Francoeur is, quite possibly, the most charming mutated, giant flea you will ever meet.
- The Woobie: Francoeur.
- Emile can count as this too. When the heroes try and find a way to make sure the police won't find Francoeur:
Emile: Why not shrink him back to his normal size? The more you're small, the less you're noticed. I'm well-placed to know that...