|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Main Characters Edit
Kinji Touyama Edit
Another top student of Assault Side, who, for some reason, demoted himself to the more rear-line Inquest Side. When sexually aroused, he enters a state called "Hysteria Savant Syndrome" (HSS), also known as "Hysteria Mode".
- The Ace: In HSS mode, he is a smooth talker, has genius level intelligence and is abnormally strong.
- Affectionate Nickname: Shirayuki's name for him, "Kin-Kin" is meant to be this....
- Embarrassing Nickname: ....but to him, it's this.
- Almighty Janitor: Especially in HSS but it's hinted that his normal mode is stronger than the "E rank" would indicate.
- Anti-Hero: Type II with shades of Type I. For more information, see Knight in Sour Armor.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Aria.
- Bishonen: A borderline example.
- Blessed with Suck: Considers Hysteria Savant Syndrome to be this. Sure, it gives him enhanced intelligence, senses, strength and marksmanship, but it also turns him into a Chivalrous Pervert and Insufferable Genius who feels compelled to protect the girl in front of him no matter what, which wouldn't be so bad if he couldn't remember everything he says while it's activated.
- Bullet Time/Hyper Awareness: One of his powers under HSS.
- Butt Monkey: In normal mode the girls love to make his life difficult. Generally speaking, he would get the short end of the stick.
- Chick Magnet: Has Aria, Shirayuki, Riko, and Reki after him. Take note that this is just his primary lineup and he's been ship teased with plenty of other girls.
- Chivalrous Pervert: While in HSS, he becomes a very smug and smooth-talking ladykiller, and feels compelled to protect any girl in front of him, no matter what. This peeves Kinji to no end.
- Deus Sex Machina: He needs to be sexually aroused (usually by experiencing Marshmallow Hell or kissing) to activate his HSS.
- Deadpan Snarker/First-Person Smartass: Snarks a lot in his head.
- Dual-Wielding: Recent light novel volumes promote him into the "third Quadra", after Aria and Riko.
- The Dulcinea Effect: The effect of HSS. He has to protect any girl in front of him.
- First Kiss: With Aria, which also doubles as a deliberate HSS activation to him.
- Forgiveness: Kinji will always forgive people for their past actions, as shown with Riko, Jeanne and many others.
- This actually bites him in the ass when he attempts to make peace with his helf-sister Kaname so soon after she had tried to kill his teammates. This causes Aria to view Kinji as a traitor, and the two remain on bad terms for an entire volume.
- Good Is Not Nice: He may be a Butei, but Kinji isn't a particularly kind or friendly person by any means, even among the people he cares about. And while he'll always forgive people for past actions, that doesn't necessarily mean he's being nice- he simply considers holding grudges to be a waste of time.
- Harem Hero: His normal mode is Type 1 with shades of Type 2A. His HSS mode is definitely Type 2B.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Often believes he isn't worthy to be the partner of a "winner" like Aria.
- Humiliation Conga: He was forced to mull leaving Butei after he and his (supposedly-dead) older brother Kinichi was subjected to this after the latter's rescue attempt aboard a sinking ship, but with the shipping company unwilling to take responsibility and instead scapegoating him.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: At first, he wants nothing more than to quit his life as a Butei and live a normal life, believing his life doesn't have to be special just because he comes from a famous family. From the end of volume 12 onwards, his goal shifts to "I Just Want to Be a Normal Butei", though even that proves to be a challenge.
- Informed Attribute: Shirayuki states that Kinji's so kind. Riiiight. Then again, this could just be Shirayuki being Shirayuki.
- Ironic Echo: When Kinji asks Aria why she wants him to work with her, she dodges the question by saying "What makes the sky look blue? How are birds able to fly?" and tells him to figure it out for himself. Later, when she asks what he's doing on her plane back to Britain, he says the exact same lines back to her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a rude, snarky grump 70% of the time, and a smug womanizer 10%, but there's still definitely a good person inside.
- Kick the Dog: He has a moment in volume 2/episode 7; being convinced that Durandal is just a myth, he claims that Aria has convinced herself that he's real out of desperation to clear her mother's name. Then, when Aria begs for him to trust her intuition, he takes over guarding Shirayuki by himself and tells Aria to go somewhere and 'cool off'. He later comes to regret this after Shirayuki is taken from right under his nose by the very person he thought was a myth, after which he has the sense to admit that he should have given Aria the benefit of the doubt.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Most of the time he's just sour, keeping how much he cares about Aria, Shirayuki etc. under layers of bitterness and cynicism. The 'knight' part comes in when he enters Hysteria Mode, when he'll put his life on the line to protect any girl. If only he didn't act so smug while doing it...
- Lolicon: Regarded by his classmates as one due to his closeness to the diminutive Aria. It also doesn't help that she is the most effective method of triggering his HSS. For example: in Episode 10, Kinji managed to resist HSS from seeing Riko in just her lingerie, but couldn't hold on any longer once he saw Aria taking off her clothes.
- Mistaken for Gay: By his classmates, since he shows almost no interest in women. He is definitely straight, though.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Ironically overshadowed by himself or to be more precise his Hysteria Mode. He himself is aware of this and it's one of the reason's he dislikes Hysteria Mode.
- Perpetual Frowner: He almost never smiles, and when he does it's usually his way of acting like nothing fishy's going on.
- Super Mode: His Hysteria Mode. He has a even stronger mode called Berserk Hysteria Mode which is triggered by jealousy.
- Super Reflexes: One of his Hysteria mode's powers.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome AND Snarky
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: He doesn't even like killing wolves.
- Tsundere: A rare male example. He usually treats Aria with indifference but there are times when he is kind to her. Fittingly, he also fits the original archetype- he warms up to Aria after initially hating her.
- Unwanted Harem
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: If flashbacks to his and Shirayuki's past are anything to go by.
- Weapon of Choice: A Beretta 92FS Inox modified to fire a three-round burst, which he conveniently names "Beretta Kinji Model", as well as a butterfly knife.
- When He Smiles: Averted, since while he doesn't smile often, the times he does aren't treated as a big deal.
Aria H. Kanzaki Edit
A diminutive top student of Butei High's prestigious Assault Side.
- A-Cup Angst
- Aesop Amnesia: At the end of volume 1/episode 5, Aria tells Kinji that she'll stop calling Kinji her slave, yet she goes straight back to calling him that once he agrees to be the partner she wants.
- The Ace: She's good at everything... except cooking.
- Action Girl: The standout example for the series. She can wield two guns and two swords effortlessly, and is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant as well.
- Animal Motifs: Cats. She is fond of "Leopon" stuffed cats, some key scenes involving her have random purrs, and in Episode 2 she even growls like a cat. In Episode 6, Shirayuki even calls her a "thieving cat" for freeloading with Kinji.
- Anti-Heroine: Like Kinji, she's a Type II. She's arrogant, egotistical and often resorts to violence over tiny things, but she's also very loyal to her fellow Butei and dedicated to clearing her mother's name. Not to mention the entire series started with her risking her life to save a guy she didn't even know.
- Badass Adorable: A cute little girl who is an S-Rank Butei, which she has most definitely earned.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Kinji.
- Berserk Button: Mention anything to do with relationships and she goes ballistic. She scared Riko half to death for thinking she and Kinji were dating.
- Broken Ace: She's one of the best Butei around and skilled at everything except cooking, but she's also socially inept, had no friends before she met Kinji, and is borderline obsessed with clearing her mother's name.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's half-Japanese, half-British.
- Catch Phrase: I'll blow a hole through you!/I'll pump you full of holes.
- Celibate Heroine: Aria claims relationships are nothing but a waste of time, and even looks down on people who think otherwise. She also says that she doesn't care about being in love and is never going to be. Yeah, right.
- Clear Their Name: Aria's primary motivation for attending Butei High is to help clear her mother, Kanae, of charges of being the "Butei Killer", which automatically sent her to 862 years in prison. If successful, Aria could shave off centuries of prison time for her, and at the best-case scenario, even clear her altogether.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Cry Cute: A norm for Rie Kugimiya's roles.
- Cute Little Fangs: With feline tendencies to boot.
- Dual-Wielding: With both swords and guns, hence her name 'Aria the Quadra'.
- The Dulcinea Effect: A rare example where it's the girl saving the guy- this is how she and Kinji first met. Unlike some examples, however, this definitely did not result in Love at First Sight.
- Determinator: To the point that she hates people who aren't this.
- The Dulcinea Effect: A rare example where it's the girl saving the guy- this is how she and Kinji first met. Unlike some examples, however, this does not result in Love at First Sight.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Defective Holmes", which she got due to the fact that she didn't inherit any of her ancestor's incredible deduction abilities.
- Famous Ancestor: She's the fourth-generation descendant of Sherlock Holmes, explaining the "H" in her name.
- Fiery Redhead: So much!
- First Kiss: With Kinji, which also doubles as a "Shut Up" Kiss to her in order to pacify her after she was revived after being critically hit in the chest by Riko.
- Forehead of Doom
- Foreshadowing: Her ancestor's identity is hinted at when her mother tells her his legacy would be nothing with his 'partner'.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Guns Akimbo
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It's incredibly easy to piss her off, even without the above Berserk Button. Her catchphrase alone should be enough of a hint.
- Hypocrite: Downplayed. Aria often demands proof from people before she'll believe something that goes against her initial assumption, yet also expects people to take anything she says for granted. The reason this is downplayed is because, unlike other people, she has the Holmes Intuition, even if she can't explain it logically.
- Hypocritical Humour: When Kinji comes into her room in the plane, she calls him out for barging in without an invitation, even though she did exactly that on the night of the day they first met. Kinji, of course, lampshades it.
- Idiot Hair
- Insufferable Genius/Know-Nothing Know-It-All: While she's mostly the former, she does have moments of the latter, such as when she flat-out refuses to believe that Kinji wasn't sexually assaulting her when they first met, no matter how many times he tries to explain himself.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's bossy, short-tempered and often egotistical, but she cares a lot for her friends and loved ones, her mother and Kinji especially, and means well more often than not.
Aria: I know I can be a little overbearing at times, but it's for your own protection.
- Lethal Chef: The only thing she's not good at.
- Little Miss Badass: Despite her small size, she can easily kick your ass.
- Luminescent Blush: Very prone to this.
- Miss Conception: She thinks kissing instantly leads to pregnancy.
- Older Than She Looks: Shown in the first episode, when Hysteria!Kinji mistakes her first for a middle-schooler and then an elementary school student. She's actually in her second year of high school. Her stunted growth is due to the 'Scarlet Bullet' embedded in her back.
- The Ojou: Hinted to be one.
- Omniglot: She knows seventeen languages.
- Pretty Freeloader: She settles in Kinji's apartment without asking for his permission and gets to stay there without ever having to pay or help in the house chores.
- Pride: One of her defining traits. Her reason for calling Kinji her 'slave'? It's because she's too proud to say 'partner'.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even in her Girlish Pigtails, her hair still reaches way below her knees.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor In Sense: Implied. Aria makes it clear early on that she hates people who use words like "tired" and "Impossible", claiming they're just excuses people use to hide the fact that they're just scared of their full potential. However, Kinji suspects her attitude towards those words are actually the result of being The Ojou and growing up in a society of "winners", which has resulted in a lack of understanding for those who are weak, poor or hopeless.
- Scars Are Forever: After a brush with death during the bus bomb incident, she has since kept a small X-shaped scar on her forehead (now hidden by her hair) as a reminder.
- Shana Clone: And possibly the 5th Tsundere Wonder.
- Spoiled Brat: She has shades of this. She definitely doesn't take 'no' for an answer, and often calls Kinji her 'slave' (though it's revealed early on that when she does, she means 'partner'). Being The Ojou likely has something to do with it.
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Child (diminutive and temperamental, with bouts of innocence).
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Riko and Shirayuki's Girly Girls.
- Tsundere: Type A- now with the voice to boot.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Peach buns.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: She accidentally takes a sip out of Kinji's soda and somehow that gives her the right to punch Kinji for being a pervert.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With all of her love rivals, but especially Shirayuki and Riko.
- Weapon of Choice: A pair of M1911s and a pair of kodachis.
- Zettai Ryouiki: A rare Rank S.
Shirayuki/Himiko Hotogi Edit
Kinji's childhood friend and a Miko of the Hotogi Shrine in Aomori Prefecture.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade
- Alliterative Name
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Bookworm: Ms. Tsudzuri states that it's rare for her to score below a 90 in exams, and even when under pressure her scores are in the late 60s or 70s.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The reason she loves Kinji is because he helped her escape her extremely strict shrine, even if it was only for a night at a time.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Kind, affectionate, bashful..... and when she heard that Kinji was threatened by a serial killer copycat, she started talking about lopping limbs off!
- Black Bra and Panties: She has loads of them, as well as white ones, as Kinji found (much to his horror) when he opens a drawer she brought with her when she moved into Kinji and Aria's place.
- Chekhov's Gun: Becomes a plot point when Jeanne disguises herself as her.
- Broken Bird: Implied - as a child she was not allowed to go outside, and was severely punished for going out with Kinji. She was also only able to attend Butei High due to her clan's approval.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Whenever she's slipping into Yandere mode, especially towards Aria.
- Famous Ancestor: Himiko, legendary shaman queen of Yamataikoku.
- First Kiss: With Kinji, though technically this is already the guy's second (the first being Aria, of course).
- Hammerspace: How she can keep so many weapons stored under her kimono is anybody's guess.
- Healing Hands
- Hime Cut
- Hyperspace Arsenal
- Non-Indicative Name: Invoked as an alias.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Weapon of Choice.
- Lady of War
- Meaningful Name: Shirayuki means "white snow". But Riko delightfully points out that she wears black underwear.
- Miko: Her family is a hugely influential clan of Shinto priests, and she's no exception.
- Multi Melee Master: Carries a huge array of meelee weapons, though she mostly uses her katana.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: She's been in love with Kinji since they were kids and can get extremely (and weirdly) demonstrative of it. Her "patience" tends to run out quite frequently, but Kinji is rather creeped out, as she looks and sounds positively insane in those moments.
- Playing with Fire
- Rapunzel Hair: Smooth, black hair that elegantly falls to her waist, lending to her noble appearance.
- Student Council President: She's the current student council chairman.
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Wife (a mild-mannered, albeit potentially violent Yamato Nadeshiko, who has considerable domestic skills, especially cooking, and extremely devoted to Kinji).
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Not there yet, but this is her ultimate goal with Kinji.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: According to Kinji, she's a perfect Japanese beauty. She's a miko according to family tradition and practices with a katana.
- Yandere: Played for Laughs, although she's more into "exorcising" away any girl who comes between her and Kinji (including his partner Aria). Also downplayed, since she does see her love rivals as friends, not unlike a certain other character voiced by Brina Palencia.
Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara (Japanese) and Jad Saxton (English)
A mysterious, silent sniper and Butei High student.
- Amazon Brigade: Her clan, the Ulus.
- Big Badass Wolf: She keeps one, named Haimaki, after taming him with a bullet grazed through his spine.
- Cold Sniper
- Catch Phrase: Doubles as Badass Creed: "I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
- Emotionless Girl: As a member of the Ulus Tribe, she sealed away her emotions inside a sliver of irokane in exchange for efficiency and utter devotion to her chosen husband (i.e., Kinji).
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Famous Ancestor: Genghis Khan, who roamed 12th-century Japan as famous general Minamoto no Yoshitsune.
- Fluffy Tamer: Her bullets alone could tame a giant Central Asian wolf.
- Idiot Hair: Sort of.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She can even extend the effective range of her Dragunov from its standard 800 meters to 2,051 meters.
- Leitmotif: "Reki, Happou!"
- Mysterious Past
- Only One Name: And that's just an alias.
- The Quiet One
- She Cleans Up Nicely
- Small Girl, Big Gun
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Trademark Favorite Food: Energy bars for her, fish sausages for Haimaki.
- Undying Loyalty: She's extremely devoted to Kinji, even more so than Shirayuki. To the point that, when Kinji briefly transfers out of Butei High, she transfers out with him and follows him back shortly afterwards. That's one hell of a devotion there.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: She proposes to Kinji while pointing the barrel of her Dragunov to him.
- Weapon of Choice: A Dragunov with a bayonet attached on its end.
- You Gotta Have Light-Green Hair
Riko Mine Edit
A ditzy, air-headed Butei High student and a reliable source of information.
- Animal Motifs: Like Aria, Riko has her own share of feline characteristics, with her Cat Smile as the most evident one. Shirayuki calls her "the other thieving cat".
- Anti-Heroine: Type III.
- Badass Adorable
- Broken Bird: She's a complete orphan living at Vlad's mercy, brainwashed into joining I-U and attempting to slay Aria, a Holmes, in order to win back her precious rosary, her identity and her freedom... all for Vlad to extract DNA from Aria and create superior genes that allow him to evolve.
- Bunny Ears Lawyer
- But Not Too Foreign: She has French blood.
- Cat Smile: Which emphasizes her mischievous personality.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Although she joins the Kinji-Aria Nakama for good after they free her from Vlad's clutches.
- The Ditz: Or that's just what she wants you to believe.
- Evil Counterpart: To Aria, at first. See Foil below for more details.
- Famous Ancestor: Arsène Lupin
- First Kiss: She shares hers with Kinji, which effectively makes it his third.
- Foil: To Aria. Both are short (though Aria's shorter), both have earned Quadra status, both wear their hair in twin-tails, both are the third generation scions of famous ancestors, both didn't inherit any of their ancestor's major abilities and both are romantically interested in Kinji. However, Aria is descended from a detective, while Riko is descended from a thief. Aria is proud of her heritage and is treated like a separate individual, while Riko despises her heritage since she's only known as 'Lupin the 4th'. Aria hides her feelings, while Riko is very forward with hers. Both were close to their mothers, but while Aria's mother is in prison, Riko's is dead.
- Freudian Excuse: Sick of being constantly referred to as "Lupin the 4th", Riko joined I-U, hoping to kill a Holmes and finally break free of her great-grandfather's shadow.
- The Gadfly/The Tease
- Gag Boobs
- Genki Girl
- Genre Savvy
- Girlish Pigtails
- Good Bad Girl: A bright ray of good-natured sunshine who just happens to also be very frank and comfortable with her sexuality.
- Hair of Gold
- Holding Both Sides of the Conversation: In episode 11, to set off Kinji's hysteria mode.
- Knowledge Broker
- Loss of Identity: Solves it in Volume 3 with Kinji and Aria's help.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Master of Disguise
- Ms. Fanservice
- My Name Is NOT Lupin the 4th!: Ultimately subverted in the end, when, after defeating Vlad, who brainwashed her into doing his bidding by hammering the title onto her, she regains her pride in her heritage.
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Otaku Surrogate
- Prehensile Hair: She can use her Girlish Pigtails as extra-hands or strangling ropes, hence her sharing the nickname "Quadra" with Aria.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Modesty rules are of very little concern to her. This includes forcing Kinji to... explore her uniform to get his pen back. In the middle of a test.
- Stepford Smiler: Kinji notes that she doesn't act at all like someone who's had a horrific past.
- Third Option Love Interest: She is the third major member of Kinji's harem.
- Third Person Person
- The Three Faces of Eve: The Seductress (extremely flirty around Kinji, and knows how to use her womanly charms very well).
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberry au lait.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: She loves hiding things sizable enough to fit between her firm and ample breasts.
- Vitriolic Best Buds/Volleying Insults: With Aria.
- Weapon of Choice: A pair of Walther P99s and a pair of knives.
Supporting Characters Edit
Jeanne d'Arc the 30th Edit
A mysterious silver-haired French girl who specializes in ice-elemental combat.
- The Ace: With everything that's not drawing.
- An Ice Person
- Born in the Wrong Century: As noted by Kinji, Jeanne shows shades of this. She's refined, wears plate mail, wields a zweihander (two-handed sword), doesn't know what a vending machine is, and dislikes skimpy clothing (including modern school uniforms, even her Butei uniform). This may have stemmed from growing up without seeing the world beyond I-U's auspices.
- Broken Bird
- Covert Pervert: Thanks to fellow Frenchwoman Riko's influence, the once very conservative Jeanne is starting to collect Meido uniforms, Elegant Gothic Lolita outfits, etc.
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Everyone Looks Sexier If French
- Evil Counterpart: To Shirayuki, before her Heel Face Turn.. See Foil below for more detail.
- Expy: She could be easily mistaken for a younger, Francophone Saber Lily with longer silver hair, shorter skirt, and a near-identical sword -- with the same seiyuu to boot, to near-Casting Gag levels.
- Famous Ancestor: Her name alone should be a giveaway already.
- Foil: To Shirayuki. Both are refined, highly skilled swordswomen who give off the impression of being Born in the Wrong Century. However, Shirayuki is a Butei who has fire powers, while Jeanne is a member of I-U who has ice powers. Additionally, Shirayuki is Japanese, while Jeanne is European.
- Hot Chick with a Sword
- Jeanne d'Archetype: Duh.
- Lady of War
- Meganekko: Occasionally.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: "Durandal", as she was known during her days at the I-U.
- New Transfer Student: As part of her plea bargain, Jeanne became a second-year transferee in the Informa Side.
- Terrible Artist: For all her many talents, her drawing skill leaves a lot to be desired.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
Gouki Mutou Edit
Voiced by: Takayuki Kondo
Kinji's good friend from the Logi Side.
- Awesome but Impractical: His Colt Python uses .357 Magnum rounds. It packs a lot of punch, but has small capacity and poor accuracy.
- Bromantic Foil: For Kinji.
- Handsome Lech
- Otaku: For anything vehicle-related.
- Weapon of Choice: A Colt Python.
Ryou Shiranui Edit
Voiced by: Takuya Eguchi
Another of Kinji's friends and classmate in the Assault Side.
- The Ace: He's a Rank-A Butei.
- Bash Brothers: He and Kinji used to be paired together prior to the latter's transfer to Inquest. Upon returning to Assault, however, Kinji already paired up with Aria.
- Chick Magnet: He's got a lot of fangirls, although he admits he hasn't had a girlfriend yet.
- Weapon of Choice: A Heckler & Koch Mk.23 with a laser pointer.
Kinichi Touyama//Kana Edit
Kinichi's older brother who died at sea in an incident involving the Butai Killer. Revealed to have been alive in volume 3, working for I-U.
- As the Good Book Says...: He does this when attacking.
- Broken Pedestal: Kinji used to look up to him before he died and was defamed partially as a result of his hysteria mode. He remains disillusioned, even after meeting him again.
- The Mole: He is actually trying to take down I-U by creating a power vacuum though his methods are...a bit extreme
- Wholesome Crossdresser: This is how he activates his hysteria mode.
Misaki Nakasorachi Edit
Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto
A second-year from the Connect Side who serves as the voice behind her schoolmates' intercom when on the field.
- Mission Control
- Not Good with People: More like unable to communicate well without her equipment. This is what's keeping her stuck as a B-Rank despite being an excellent Mission Control.
- Odd Friendship: With Jeanne.
- Shrinking Violet: Outside her duty.
Yutori Takamagahara Edit
Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
Homeroom teacher of Class 2-A and instructor of Inquest Side.
- Hot Teacher
- Nice Girl: She's apparently one of the few faculty members of Butei High without at least some military experience.
Umeko Tsuzuri Edit
Voiced by: Masumi Asano
Homeroom teacher of Class 2-B and instructor of Dagula Side.
- Badass Teacher: She's one of the top five interrogators of Japan, able to extract information from even the most hardened offenders.
- Hot Teacher
- Smoking Is Cool
Tooru Sayonaki/Vlad Dracula Edit
Voiced by: Kenji Nojima
A geneticist and part-time instructor for Ambulance Side.
- Big Bad: For the first three light novel volumes and the anime adaptation.
- Evilutionary Biologist
- For Science!
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Most apparent when he brutally beats Riko up.
- Hot Teacher
- Mad Scientist: He collects blood from countless people (including Butei High students) to absorb "superior" genes and evolve.
- Magic Pants: During his One-Winged Angel sequence.
- One-Winged Angel: In the form of a giant canine beast.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy
- Wicked Cultured: He is Count Dracula, after all.
- Would Hit a Girl: Just see what he does to Riko in Episode 12.
Kanae Kanzaki Edit
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
Aria's mother currently spending an absurdly long 862 years in prison for charges of being the "Butei Killer".
- Clear My Name: Aria's motivation for attending Butei High is to clear her of charges of being the "Butei Killer". If successful, she could shave off centuries of prison time for her, or perhaps even clear her altogether.
- Hot Mom
- The Scapegoat
- ↑ A derogatory term to a female romantic interloper; this is frequently used in Japanese live-action drama shows