|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"It's called Atlas Shrugged, and judging by the box office figures, so did the audience."—Mr. Mendo's Hack Attack
Atlas Shrugged: Part I is the first of an expected trilogy of films covering Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged. It was released on April 15, 2011. The film was panned critically and was a flop financially.
Atlas Shrugged: Part II is being shot with a completely new cast, and is set to open November 6, 2012.
This film provides examples of: Edit
- Big No: Dagny, after seeing Wyatt's oil fields in flame beyond a sign reading, "I am leaving it as I found it. Take over. It's yours."
- Casting Gag: Possible: One of Dagny's enemies is played the actor who was both Quark, an alien who's "Hat" is greed and business prowess, and Andrew Ryan, a parody of Ayn Rand.
- Coincidental Broadcast: Subverted. Eddie calls Dagny and tells her to turn on the TV for a report on a train wreck, but the first channel she turns to is just giving the stock report.
- California Doubling: One of the great things about this movie's depiction of Wisconsin is how it looks NOTHING at all like Southern California.
- The Other Darrin: The entire cast was replaced for the second film.
- Schizo-Tech: Set in 2016, trains reign supreme due to Galt's plan exaberating the 2011 economic troubles, resulting in oil shortages.
- Sequel Hook: Invoked, as it's supposed to be a trilogy of films.
- Who Are You?: Midas Mulligan's last words before he vanishes.