|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Battlemamono is the brain child of two MGU members; Pcm979 and Nyctos. The two fathers were talking over IM, about various things, and the topic drifted towards battle monsters - Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Ranch, Dragon Quest Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei, etc. So after a healthy chat, one of them came up with the idea of merging MGE monsters with the ?-mons? trope, and after another long chat, they cooked some basic things up ? they cooked up the foundation for Battlemamono.
Battlemamono is a brand new world filled with humans, monster-girls, dangerous animals called Loci Beasts, and other mysteries. Here, only human men exist, monster-girls taking up the role of lovers, wives, mothers, daughters, sisters. Unlike The Monster Girl Encyclopedia, there are no human women, and so the union of the two races can produce both human sons and monster-girls. Also unlike the MGE, the humans of this world actively welcome the courtship of their mamono counterparts. Battlemamono are a lot stronger compared to their MGE counterparts ? if there is an MGE counterpart, that is. Even the weakest Monster Girl is capable of knocking out a tough guy with ease. But they are not just insanely strong, they are smart, fast, and are capable of using powerful magic! In this setting, men are considered the weaker gender.
So it's up to the Battlemamono wives to protect their weak husband from the various hazard this world has: Bizarre creatures, ranging from tiny clockwork beetles to towering city-smashing behemoths, roam the wilderness, and even the very elements seem to conspire against all sentient life. There are forests of trees whose leaves are molten metal and whose flowers are ever-burning flames, and mountains that soar along the breeze. There are rivers that sing to those who draw near, striving to lure them into the depths to drown, and raging vortexes of lightning that deliberately chase down living prey. A flower that looks beautiful may spit necrotoxin-laden needles, a tundra may conceal swarms of giant predatory worms beneath its snowy blankets, trees can walk and rocks can float . And this is not all. There are more things out there that regular humans don't know about....a world filled with Battle, Adventure, Sex and Love. This is Battlemamono.
More can be found at the [[http://www.monstergirlunlimited.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35 Monster Girl Unlimited Custom Profile forum]], and the battlemamono name.
This work includes examples of: Edit
any combination of cow-like horns, ears, hooves and tails, often with furry legs as well. There's also the "domesticated" Holstaurus sub-family of Minotaurus, which tend to be shorter, softer, gentler, and have much bigger breasts.
- Angels, Devils, and Squid: Three of the types are Angel, Demon and Aberrant
-- the sorts of monster-girl each type contains should be quite obvious. A rare example of this trope not being played for horror.
- Blob Monster: Slimes are a Cute Monster Girl variant of this.
- Crapsack World: Civilisation is officially described as being like an
array of candles scattered throughout a dark, hostile, untamed world. Alternatively, may be more accurately described as Crap Saccharine World.
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Male):Zigzagged. A lot of the monster-girls
are very aggressively forward in indicating their sexual attraction, but they still try to coax the chosen man into accepting rather then just pushing him down and having their way with him. There is one mamono who truly does rape men, the Bovuasmos (she has poor impulse control, a huge libido and a fetish for having her partner struggle against her when she's having sex), but it's noted that even she thinks badly of herself for acting like this and most end up turning men off of them because of their reputation. There's also the Ixen'Ssarir, whose whole method of "catching" is to basically give yourself to her so that she can sate her lusts.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: The world is literally built on the
foundations of eighteen competing types of element, as is common with Mons work. The complete list is Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Dark, Light, Lightning, Ice, Stone, Metal, Angel, Demon, Undead, Fighting, Reptile, Insect, Plant and Aberrant.
- Elemental Powers: Naturally, in a setting that relies on
- Dishing Out Dirt: The Earth and Stone types both do this, the Earth
type more then the Stone type.
Lunacy: All of these fall under the purview of the Light type.
are aspects of the Aberrant type.
- Abuse Is Okay When It Is Female On Male: Subverted. The mamono of this world
- No Pregger Sex: Averted. Most mamono think nothing of having sex while
pregnant, many find themselves slightly hornier then usual, and some subvert it in that they find sex while pregnant to be the best of all.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Three of the types of mamono are the Demon, Undead and,
of course, Dark types. None of them are evil, or even particularly bad. Demon types tend to be mischievous, lustful and/or gluttonous, but Dark types tend to be shy, withdrawn creatures.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Some of the mamono in this world can grow up to ten
meters tall (and mermaid & lamia style mamono of that stature would be even larger, due to the tail issue). Humans, though, typically don't grow more then seven feet tall, and most are five to six feet tall.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Some monster-girls, on the other hand, are smaller
then humans, ranging from "lucky to hit five feet tall" to "only one meter tall".
- Anything That Moves: Although most Battlemamono are Heterosexual with
Bisexual tendencies, several are personally content with any partner, no matter the age or gender.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Once you step foot outside the cities,
you're fair game for just about anything. Bloodsucking grass, poison-dart shooting flowers, magma-dwelling squids, walking trees, giant flesh-eating clams with razor-sharp shells that lurk under the sand, monstrous crabs, living lightning bolts, fires that chase you down, rivers that try to lure you in with hypnotic song and drown you, shifting forests, life-sapping black sand, corrosive blizzards...
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: In-universe example: It took the first
male settlers generations to accept that the Lolimon were emotionally and sexually mature despite their young appearance.
- Fille Fatale: The class of Mamono known as "Lolimon" sexually mature
far more quickly than their appearances would suggest, and are every bit as lusty and seductive as their older-looking counterparts.
to in-universe as "mamono", a term borrrowed shamelessly from The Monster Girl Encyclopedia.
- Destructo-Nookie: Not entirely common, but some mamono can be so
violently enthusiastic that they can wreak havoc on their surroundings. The Twasen actually decides how good sex was partially by how much stuff she and her lover broke during the intercourse.
sex with humanoid men. Most would find that to be pretty weird.
figured, women at their base, and often sport other strange effects.
- All Women Are Lustful: A key concept of the setting.
- Hot Amazon: Most obviously the Fighting type, but given this is a
setting where every Cute Monster Girl can kick serious ass when so inclined, and the vast majority actually enjoy doing so, it has this trope stamped pretty deeply.
- Cursed with Awesome / Blessed with Suck
- Horny Devils: The Succubus and Imp families literally, the whole Demon
type in general often comes close.
- Bi the Way: Most species of mamono won't be too raffled by the idea of
having sex with another woman, even though they generally identify themselves as "straight".
- Cute Bruiser: See that cute little goblin? Yeah, she can probably snap
you in half without trying too hard.
- Cute but Cacophonic
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Well, yeah, obviously.
- Gendercide (implied by the backstory)
- Truly Single Parent: "Feral" mamono have been stated in Word of God as
being capable of reproducing parthenogenetically, but in-universe nobody knows how they do it.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: Subverted -- because men are less common
and less powerful then mamono, it's the mamono who do the fighting.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Some of the lolimons aren't very mature mentally, even
compared to other lolimons.
aggressive and have superpowers on top of that.
- Most Writers Are Male
- Gender Equals Breed: Fundamental aspect of the Interspecies Romance.
- Covert Pervert: Often, the shyer a mamono acts about sex, the more of a
pervert she is. Somewhat literal in the form of the Frauleiche, who stalks her chosen mate while invisible during the day and perfoms oral sex on him while he sleeps at night.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Some of the mamono can live a lot longer then
- Big Eater: A number of mamono can really pack it away when they want to
eat. Often results in a Balloon Belly.
monster-girls have their fans here.
- Polyamory: Not counting the legions of "ferals" who live in the
wilderness, monster-girls make up 60% of the population. With their libidos, multiple girls marrying one guy is inevitable.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys (Subverted/Inverted/Played With)
- Three-Way Sex: In a world where it's pretty much the average to have two
wives, this is inevitable.
- Multi Way Sex: And some men have even more wives then that.
- Fantastic Arousal: With how bizarre some mamono can be physically, it's
no surprise that some have very strange erogenous zones and turn ons.
- Ethical Slut: Core rule of the setting; no matter how big a horny
pervert a mamono is, there's a fairly strict set of rules she abides by. First and foremost, it's fine to tease and flirt with others, but she only has sex with her husband.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Cute Little Fangs: Many mamono have these.
- Hospital Hottie
- Naughty Nurse Outfit
- Petting Zoo People: The various "beast-girl" mamono fit under this
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Any member of the Alien family -- some of them
actually do have green skin as well.