|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: The Mole starts to like the surroundings he's infiltrated.
- Straight: Melvin infiltrates the Five-Man Band and pretends to join them. During his time with them, he starts to legitimately enjoy their company and the way they do things.
- Melvin pretends to join the Five-Man Band and immediately starts enjoying their company.
- Melvin really didn't like his life beforehand. The good guys show him that life is worth living.
- Alternately, Melvin genuinely wanted to join the good guys to begin with, and his job as The Mole was just an excuse to get out from under his evil employers.
- Inverted: Melvin questions himself and is on the verge of doing a Heel Face Turn, but after infiltrating the Five-Man Band and hating them he realises that he was right all along and becomes much more comfortable with his betrayal.
- Subverted: Melvin didn't really start to enjoy things...his act was so complete that he was even able to fake a growing sense of camaraderie with his victims.
- Double Subverted: At least, that's the excuse he gives when he has to go through with his betrayal...
- Parodied: The Five-Man Band makes Melvin do all their laundry and cleaning, and treat him with barely-disguised contempt, he still insists he loves it.
- Melvin is forced to go through with his betrayal. Since he had started legitimately enjoying their companionship, this tears him up inside.
- Melvin starts suffering from a severe identity crisis as he begins to question who is the real him.
- Reconstructed: Melvin decides to make a Heel Face Turn and becomes the Sixth Ranger.
- Zig Zagged: There are certain aspects of that life Melvin missed, but overall, he doesn't seem too broken up about it.
- Averted: Melvin keeps his distance while with the Five-Man Band.
- Enforced: "Alright, let's have the bad guy who's infiltrating the good guys start to like their way of life!"
- Lampshaded: "You know, I could get used to this." "What was that?" "I said...I should...let you do this!"
- Invoked: At first, Melvin doesn't seem to be getting along with the others. Then Henry saves him from an attacking enemy and he starts to grow fond of the team...
- Defied: "They may seem like nice people, but they're still my enemies. My mission remains unchanged."
- Discussed: "Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"
- Conversed: "That show was so sad, how that Melvin guy betrayed the team!"
Go back to Becoming the Mask, but make sure not to grow too attached...