|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Now, for the love of Jehovah, can we please go to the pub?—Professor Gregory "Dolly" Parton
A BBC 1 series that aired at 9pm Tuesdays from 8th July to 12th August 2008.
A show that could be described as Time Team meets Waking the Dead meets Indiana Jones, it involves a bunch of archaeologists who have increasingly ludicrous adventures, usually culminating in the destruction of whatever precious artifact they're after this week.
This show contains examples of:
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- British Brevity: A six-episode series.
- Church Militant: An evil example.
- The Faceless: Henry Timberdyne.
- Hollywood Atheist: Both Magwilde and Dolly.
- Knight Templar: The first episode focuses on these guys.
- Nice Hat: One character's hat is inspired by Indy's.
- Off with His Head
- Public Domain Artifact: Excalibur, The Round Table [of Arthur], the True Cross.
- Room Full of Crazy: Magwilde has one concerning Excalibur.
- Unfortunate Names: Dr. Elizabeth Magwilde and Professor Gregory "Dolly" Parton.
- X Meets Y: Torchwood meets Indiana Jones.
- Or, Torchwood meets New Tricks.