|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: Several, but Rahad Jackson getting high to "Sister Christian" and "Jesse's Girl" is by far the best.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Reed Rothchild, who's basically Dr. Steve Brule if he worked in the porn industry.
- Everybody Remembers the Stripper: Even amongst the copious nudity in the movie, Heather Graham's nude scene and Mark Walhberg's fake wang stand out. Both induced a lot of sucking noises in theatres.
- Hey, It's That Song!: Dirk Diggler, getting his singing career going, sings "The Touch". Yes, THAT "The Touch".
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Thomas Jane running around with a gun, blasting everything in sight. Sound familiar?
- And then getting blown away by Doc Ock.
- Painful Rhyme: Reed's poetry. Also counts as Stylistic Suck.
"I love you, you love me. Going down the sugar tree. We'll go down the sugar tree, and see lots of bees: playing, playing. But the bees won't sting, because you love me."
- Parental Incest: Implied. Eddie's mom seems a little too jealous of his relationship with Sheryl Lynn.
- The Woobie: All the main characters spend a little time being the Woobie, but Little Bill is probably the prime example. It helps that he's played by William H. Macy.
- Eventually, Little Bill becomes Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.
- Is it strange that I found that dude who got beaten up and killed by Rollergirl to be a Woobie, because he didn't deserve to be killed.
- He wasn't killed, just badly beaten up.
- Values Dissonance: This being the 1970s Los Angeles porn scene, attitudes towards sex and gender are in several ways quite different to the modern standard.