|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This page is very much a work in progress, contributions are welcomed.
Call of Duty Classic Edit
Private Joey Martin Edit
Sergent Jack Evans Edit
Sergent Alexei Ivanovich Voronin Edit
Captain Price Edit
Call of Duty 2 Edit
Call of Duty 3 Edit
Private Nichols Edit
- Heroic Mime: He moves his mouth at least once to correct an accidental misnaming by his sergeant Frank McCullin. Otherwise, he just does what others suggest.
- Player Character:For the American side of this game.
Sergeant James Doyle Edit
Corporal Duncan Keith Edit
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys:His first lines are saying to Doyle that the french only know how to do two things well: surrendering and kissing.
- Fantastic Racism: Cannot stand the French, at least at first.
- Violent Glaswegian: His accent can make you think he's french sometimes.
Isabelle DuFontaine Edit
- Action Girl
- Heroic Sacrifice: Dies planting explosives on an armored car, but atypical in that she was killed only by early detonation.
Leslie Baron Edit
- Communications Officer:He operates the radio.
- Dirty Coward: Robiechauld thinks that he is that by avoiding direct combat.
- Generation Xerox:Deliberated seeked, and desconstructed. His father served under Robiechauld, and Baron wished to replicate that supposed "honor". Robiechauld consistently insults him for acting like a coward for not directly engaging the Germans.
- Too Dumb to Live:Dies in Ormel trying to prove he isn't a coward while the polish urge him to retreat. His cause of death is even called "stupidity" by the polish that were with him.
Sergeant Frank Mccullin Edit
- The Cynic: Before his soldiers go for the first mission on the game, he tries to say his rules, but ends up confessing he thinks they will all die.
- Death Seeker:Seems to turn into this along the game and barely command his own soldiers.
- Dying Declaration of Love: Inverted.He curses Guzzo in his last seconds of life.
- Extreme Doormat: For some time. When he finally breaks out of it,it's just before his death.
- Heroic Sacrifice:Died disabling German boobs that were barring the american's advance.
- Sanity Slippage: Guzzi implies this, but it seems to be more a case of growing apathy. That may as well be the same thing.
- Old Soldier: It's in his mid forties.
Private First Class Salvadore Guzzo Edit
- Asskicking Equals Authority:A literal application of the trope.He is promoted to squad leader after he displays great bravery during the battle of Chambois.
- Character Development:As the game goes on, he develops out of his individualism to become a leader for the group.
- Communications Officer: For the troop of the American campaign.
- Cowardly Lion: He shown to be much more concerned with keeping himself alive than actually winning the war, that greatly irritates McCullin.
- Let's Get Dangerous:When Dixon is killed at Chambois, Guzzo steps up and leads the squad to victory.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here:When the Germans start dropping artillery at Saint-Lo, Guzzo's immediate response is to turn and flee the battle. McCullin almost kills him for trying it.
- The Unfettered: Not in the way you expect. Bonus material says he's gonna do whatever it takes to survive, and his almost desertion was only prevented because McCullin threatened to shoot him.
- You Are in Command Now:Replaces both McCullin and Dixon after both of them gets killed.
Jean-Guy Robiechauld Edit
- Berserk Button: Cowards, or people he perceives to be cowards, such as Baron.
- Glory Seeker: Believes war is a moment for men to shine, especially himself.
- Large Ham: Gives a rousing speech for his men when you first meet him.
"Glory! Or a glorious death awaits us."
- Old Soldier: Already a veteran of World War One,where Baron's father served under him.
World at War / Black Ops Edit
Private Miller Edit
An American soldier fighting in the Pacific theater of the war. The player character in the American campaign of the game.
- The Everyman: possibly.
- Heroic Mime: Like most Call of Duty protagonists.
- Player Character
- The Cameo: Mentioned in a FBI file in Black Ops
Corporal / Sergeant Roebuck Edit
The American sergeant in the war, leader of Private Miller's group.
- The Captain: After Sullivan's death.
- Sacrificial Lion: He could be, depending on your action.
Sergeant Sullivan Edit
The former leader of the group that rescued Private Miller, he was killed early in the game.
- The Captain: Prior to his death.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: His death at the hands of a Japanese soldier with a bayonet comes of as surprising as the soldier seems to come out of nowhere.
- Sacrificial Lamb
Private Dimitri Petrenko Edit
A Soviet solder fighting in the Eastern Front against Nazi Germany. The player character of the Soviet campaign in the game.
- Back for the Dead: In Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Killed along with Reznov's new squad in Black Ops when Dragovich unleashes Nova 6 on them, causing their bodies to pretty much fall apart... as a test of the gas.
- Heroic Mime: Until Black Ops.
- Made of Iron: He cheats death, like, five times over the course of one game. This is actually acknowledged by Sergeant Reznov.
- Player Character
Sergeant Viktor Reznov Edit
A sergeant of the Red Army, seems to be the leader of Petrenko's group.
- Anti-Hero: Type IV, brushing with a Type V judging by his penchant for killing surrendering Germans and, in Black Ops reverse-engineering his friend to put him on a slow-acting vicarious Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- Axe Crazy
- Berserk Button: Hurt Dimitri, and Reznov will slice you up. Or brainwash someone into slicing you up.
- Blood Knight
- Cold Sniper: Used to be this until his hand was wounded.
- Dead All Along: possibly in Black Ops, since most of his appearances are hallucinations in Mason's mind, but again, his death is never confirmed.
- Determinator: He brainwashes Alex Mason into killing the guys that murdered Dimitri.
- Large Ham
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya/ Punctuated for Emphasis: MY NAME IS VIKTOR! REZNOV! AND I! WILL! HAVE! MY! REVENGE!
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: in Black Ops
- Sociopathic Hero: He really likes killing Germans and encourages the player character to kill helpless, surrendering German soldiers.
- Unwitting Pawn: to Dragovich and almost got killed by NOVA 6 like Petrenko if not for the SAS interference.
- Weapon of Choice: His knife. He doesn't use it often, probably because everyone else is shooting, but it's pretty memorable when he does.
Captain Alex Mason Edit
- Brainwashed and Crazy: at least a little subverted by Reznov by making him do something else entirely
- Ink Suit Actor: He bears a striking resemblance to his actor Sam Worthington.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: killing Steiner
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Did this to Dragovich in the final mission.
- One-Man Army: In Rebirth since 'Reznov' there was actually a hallucination, he effectively thrashed the whole facility himself
- Player Character: most of the time in Black Ops.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: especially in Payback
- Unreliable Narrator
Sergeant Frank Woods Edit
- Atomic F-Bomb: in the beginning of Payback when forced to play Russian Roulette.
- Badass Beard
- Never Found the Body: Furthermore, a secret file in the game outright says that he's still alive and is being held in the infamous Viet Cong prison Hanoi Hilton. He is shown as an old man in a recent Black Ops 2 trailer, so this information is true, regardless of the Mind Screw of most of the first Black Ops.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: in Payback.
- Taking You with Me: to Kravchenko. Woods lives.
- Sergeant Rock
Chief Petty Officer Joseph Bowman Edit
- Badass Beard
- Black Dude Dies First: He's far from the first character to die in the game, but he is the first SOG member to die.
- Break the Badass / Heroic BSOD: had a bad one when captured by the NVA, before getting clubbed to death by the Russian operative
- Ink Suit Actor: It's Ice Cube.
Special Agent Jason Hudson Edit
- Badass Bookworm: Has a double major in Psychology and Political Science, a genius level IQ, and is a brilliant tactician. He also deduces that Reznov's not real just by reading Mason's combat reports. He also frees Mason and lets himself get knocked out so he can follow him around and see what he does in the hope that it will trigger something. It does.
- Big Damn Heroes: He saves Mason from being executed by Dragovich by shooting the latter in the shoulder.
- Cool Shades
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Did this to Mason prior to the final mission, knocking him out with a punch to the face.
- Glasses Pull: Before "Payback".
- Good Is Not Nice: When Mason doesn't give him and Weaver satisfactory replies in the opening cutscene, Hudson shocks him. About three times.
- Jerkass: He starts off as this, but turns into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold in the second to last level.
- Player Character: for some missions.
- Unseen Audience: He is one of the two guys interrogating Mason for most the game.
Special Agent Grigori Weaver Edit
- Eyepatch of Power
- Eye Scream: done by Kravchenko, which results in him wearing an eyepatch for the rest of the game.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most: Closely averted, at least he survived after getting captured by Kravchenko
- Token Minority
- Unseen Audience: He is one of the two interrogators for Mason in most of the game.
Dr Daniel Clarke Edit
- Boom! Headshot!: His death.
- Crazy Prepared: His safe house is filled with guns, along with other safeguards in case he needs to escape.
- His Name Is
Dr. Clarke: The numbers! They're the key to--!
- Mad Scientist: Somewhat, though willing to cooperate with the military.
- Too Kinky to Torture
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: One reason why Dragovich wanted him dead.
Major General Nikita Dragovich Edit
- Anticlimax Boss
- A Nazi by Any Other Name
- Big Bad
- General Ripper
- Manipulative Bastard
- Not Quite Dead: Mason thought he blew up his limousine.
Colonel Lev Kravchenko Edit
- Colonel Kilgore
- Cutscene Boss
- The Brute
- The Dragon
- Hero-Killer: At least he tries.
- Husky Russkie
- Taking You with Me: Tried this to Mason but subverted by Woods.
Dr Friedrich Steiner Edit
- Dirty Coward
- Mad Scientist
- Those Wacky Nazis
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The reason Dragovich's men are in the facility is because he thinks that He Knows Too Much.