|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Originally a oneshot, it starts right after Courtney found that Duncan cheated on her with Gwen, and vents her anger and grief alone in the cargo hold. Cody pays her a visit and tries to comfort her. Soon, Cody realizes that he's developing feelings towards Courtney, but he's unsure if the CIT will return those feelings. Meanwhile, Alejandro, Duncan and Gwen are planning to have her eliminated.
The story focuses primarily on the interaction and blossoming romance between Cody and Courtney, but also focuses on Ezekiel still trying to win the big prize, Duncan wondering if he did the right thing by dumping Courtney for Gwen, and Alejandro's schemes. The story is now complete.
The one-shot (aka the first chapter) had an unfinished sequel - The Lawyer, The Snoop, and the Scandal - taking place in after an undisclosed Time Skip and covering Cody and Courtney's adventures as a married couple, but the events of Candy's subsequent chapters specifically, Gwen and Duncan's redeeming themselves have technically placed this story in a separate continuity entirely.
- Action Girl: Courtney takes this Up to Eleven. Sierra also has her moments.
- Always Save the Girl
- Animals Hate Him: Alejandro.
- Animal Motifs: Alejandro and snakes. Ezekiel refers him when he told Courtney "beware the snake", and he appears as a giant snake in Duncan's nightmares.
- Also, Duncan and lions. He's compared as such in-text and the Serengeti episode shows some clear parallels between his story and The Lion King, specifically Simba's quest for self-redemption.
- The Atoner: Duncan towards the end of the story.
- Berserk Button: Just don't dare to insult Courtney in front of Cody.
- Better as Friends: How Cody sees his relationship with Sierra. She doesn't take it well at first. But later she does.
- Also, subverted in chapter 4. Cody is expecting Courtney to say this when she's having doubts about their relationship, but she says that she want to give him a chance.
- Big Bad: Alejandro.
- Big No: Sierra after Cody and Courtney's "wedding".
- Blackmail Is Such an Ugly Word: "Lying is such a strong word. I prefer flirting to your own advantage."
- Courtney NEVER hides, but she does believe in strategically waiting in a secure location until it's time to strike.
- Blatant Lies: Cody telling Sierra that Noah likes her.
- The Bus Came Back: Noah is brought back for the Niagara falls challenge instead of Blaineley. After that, he's eliminated, along with Owen. However, he proved to be vital for the chapter. Also sang a musical number along Owen.
- Catch Phrase: Cody asking Courtney "So, wanna make out?". As you can guess, it never works. Not even after hooking up.
- Character Development: Everybody got some, but Cody, Sierra and Duncan get most than anybody.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Cody loses it when he learns that Duncan trusted on Heather and Alejandro.
- Crossover: Briefly with the author's other Total Drama fanfic, "The Princess and the Spider," in chapter 7.
- Dark Horse Victory: "You're the winner of Total Drama World Tour, Ezekiel. Congratulations!".
- Digging Yourself Deeper: This exchange:
Cody: I didn't come on the show to win the money!
Courtney: Then why did you?
Cody: To pick up girls!
(Courtney scolws at him)
Cody: Er…well...I mean not a lot of girls…mostly just Gwen…
(Courtney's scowl deepens)
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After days of pain, backstabbing, broken hearts and manipulations Courtney and Cody finally find happiness in each other.
- Also, after all the crap he went through Ezekiel won the million dollars.
- Elvis Lives: And apparently, so does Michael Jackson.
- Exact Words: Courtney remembered something that Chris said back in London that reveals that a contestant long time eliminated was still on the game.
- In the Niagara Falls challenge, Owen of all people manages to find a crucial loophole to help Cody prevent Courtney's elimination.
- Final Love Duet: "Love Goes On."
- Flat Character: Heather here is just a shallow villainess.
- Foe Yay: Invoked when a pairings poll conducted in the show has Alejandro/Duncan as one of the more popular pairings. Duncan was really far from amused.
- For Want of a Nail
- Forgiveness: An improtant theme of the fic.
- Give Geeks a Chance
- Green-Eyed Monster: Duncan certainly has his moments. He learns to grow out of it, though.
- Guile Hero: Of all people, Ezekiel.
- Hannibal Lecture: Alejandro gives one to Duncan during the final challenge.
Alejandro: INSANE? I'm the one insane? What about you? At least my actions will be rewarded by satisfaction of seeing my enemies defeated...not to mention gaining the affections of the lovely Heather. But you…you have nothing! What will you gain by doing this? The money? You gave up on it! Courtney? You lost her to a weakling! Your reputation? Gone the moment you voted yourself off!
- Idiot Ball: Sure, Duncan, trust in Alejandro to see what happens.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: After Cody tells Duncan off with practically every single swearing word of the English languague, the only insult that actually offends Duncan is calling him short.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: this trope is used intensively:
- Sierra is the most straight example. At one point, she finally accepts Cody's feelings for Courtney. At that same point, she also realizes of her distorted version of love, outgrows her obssessive fangirl stage and still wants to help Cody to win the game and Courtney's heart. A major point for her Character Development.
- Also Duncan accepts that Courtney won't be his anymore, but feels happy for her when she hooks up with Cody.
- Still, it's Deconstructed in Cody's case: He broke up with Courtney because she still had feelings for Duncan, who regretted cheating on her and seemed that he wanted a second chance, since Cody thought that he had no chance against Duncan. Later, after Duncan's tricked by Alejandro into eliminating her, Cody calls Duncan idiot for letting such a wonderful girl like Courtney go. He then realizes that he did exactly the same thing.
- Knife Nut: Alejandro, emphasis on "nut".
- Lampshade Hanging: During the aftermath chapter, a viewer named Philip accuses the show of being scripted.
Philip: Oh pleez! If this is reality television then where the hell does the music from each episode come from? And how is it possible that you guys can sing the exact same song, at the exact same time, in perfect unison without any kind of rehearsal or script involved…and WHEN YOU ARE IN DIFFERENT PLACES AS WELL? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Geoff: …Cause the music's from the heart, bro…it's from the heart.
- Large Ham: Alien Cody is a shining example. Owen becomes one in the final, when he is throwing the game for Cody.
- The Mentor: Chef, of all people, gives Duncan some much-needed advice.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Duncan after learning the truth behind Courtney's elimination.
- This was also Alejandro's initial reaction when he hit Duncan with the knife, but...
- Odd Friendship: Bridgette and Duncan towards the end.
- Well, not so odd. As the authoress points out, they're the cheaters of the season.
- Also, Courtney and Ezekiel.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Alejandro compares the Cody/Courtney pairing to a kitty dating a mountain lioness. It's also the reason of why nobody believes that such a relationship can last.
- Replacement Goldfish: Discussed and ultimately Reconstructed. When Cody realizes that he's starting to develop feelings for Courtney, he himself thinks that maybe he just sees her as a replacement for Gwen, whom he has a longtime crush on but realized that she'll never return his feelings.
- In less romantic terms, Duncan adopts Mohawk, a Chow mutt from the China challenge, who reminds him of his old dog Petey and his recently-lost tarantula Scruffy.
- Sanity Slippage: Alejandro during the final challenge while fighting Duncan.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Alejandro again.
- Sealed with a Kiss: Subverted.
- Shipper on Deck: Owen, Noah, Ezekiel and Sierra support Cody/Courtney, while DJ and Geoff support Duncan/Courtney. Nobody seems to like Duncan/Gwen, thought this is mostly due to the authoress' hatred of the pairing.
- Also, during the musical number about shipping, Courtney said that she liked Noah/Sierra.
- Shipping: Invoked in-universe when Izzy sang a whole song about it.
- Shout-Out: "So, if you're an alien your hair turns blond and spiky when you get angry?
- Sick and Wrong: Noah yelling "You guys are SICK!" after a poll revelaed that Noah/Cody is the most popular pairing.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: After her experiences with a bad boy, it's not a surprise that Courtney's taste in boys would take a 180º twist.
- Spanner in the Works: Noah becomes a massive one for Alejandro and Duncan.
- Team Pet: Mohawk, a Chow mutt that Duncan befriends in the China challenge.
- The Ubermensch: Alejandro, who claims to be above good and evil in the middle of his Hannibal Lecture.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Noah after Sierra starts flirting with him.
- Took a Level In Jerkass: Duncan, Gwen and Alejandro. The former two got better. The latter much worse.
- Tranquil Fury: Courtney's elimination
Courtney: One day, Duncan, you and I are going to look back on this moment and one of us will regret it. And that person won't be me.
- Triumphant Reprise: "Come Fly With Us," and what a reprise it is.
- Unholy Matrimony: Alejandro/Heather.
- The Vamp: Gwen tries to charm Cody so he'll vote for Courtney in the next elimination ceremony. It backfires.
- Villain Song: Alejandro's "One by One, They All Will Fall".
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Inverted. At one point, Duncan decides to quit his alliance with Alejandro, but Ale still plans to use him more, even if he wants it or not.
- X Meets Y: Total Drama World Tour meets Disney Animated Canon. The author acknowledges their influence.
- World of Cardboard Speech:
Duncan: You're right… I didn't have to believe you and Heather. Just like you didn't have to tell the lies in the first place! Or how you didn't have to convince Harold to vote himself off in Japan! And you didn't have to trick both Bridgette and LeShawna into falling for you! Of course, you didn't have to lie and trick others throughout the entire season just like I don'thave to pound your pretty face in for trying to turn me into just as big of scumbag as you! But you know what, Ale? I JUST WANT TO!