|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Both films contains examples of: Edit
- Complete Monster: Max Cady, especially in the original. De Niro is Ax Crazy, but he doesn't have that same quiet menace that Mitchum does.
- Evil Is Sexy: Robert Mitchum and Robert De Niro. So, yes.
1962 film: Edit
- Complete Monster: Max Cady as played by Robert Mitchum is so far ahead of his time that he is utterly terrifying because he had absolutely no redeeming qualities.
Cady: Speakin' about your wife and kid, I got a little caper planned for them...I got something planned for your wife and kid that they ain't never gonna forget.
1991 film: Edit
- Genius Bonus: How many viewers were able to understand all of Cady's literary references, especially those to The Divine Comedy?
- Try and tell me that you didn't laugh when Sam slipped in Kersek’s blood. The fact that his wife also slipped trying to help him only made it worse.
- When Cady drowns at the end, he begins screaming gibberish that mostly sounds like “bloh de blah”