|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Capote is a 2005 biographical film about Truman Capote, following the events during the writing of Capote's non-fiction book In Cold Blood. The movie was filmed mostly in Manitoba, in the autumn of 2004, and was released on September 30, 2005, to coincide with what would have been Truman Capote's 81st birthday.
The plot of the film begins with the discovery of the dead bodies of four of the members by a family friend. While reading The New York Times, Truman Capote is riveted by the story of the family and calls William Shawn, then the editor of The New Yorker, to announce that he will personally document the tragedy.
Tropes associated with this work: Edit
- Camp Gay: Truman Capote. And how!
- Crapsack World
- Caustic Critic: Capote was a prime example of this.
- Deadpan Snarker: And this.
- Dueling Movies: The film Infamous came out a year later covering the same basic events, but was less well received.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Perry may be a bastard but even he is disgusted by his fellow murderer, Dick.
- For the Evulz: Dick's apparent motivation.
- Heroic Sociopath: How Capote views Perry.
- It's All About Me: How Capote views the world.
- Jump Cut
- Kubrick Stare: Perry Smith does one of these.
- Life Imitates Art: The premise of the film.
- Mononymous Biopic Title: Capote. There's already a Truman for Harry S. Truman.