|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"You can't just start making up terrible new words!"—Strong Sad, Homestar Runner, "fan club"
This is an index of tropes that are often indicative of plain bad writing.
- Discredited Trope - A trope which is considered a Cliche.
- Pet Peeve Trope - A trope that is disliked by certain audiences.
- Sturgeon's Tropes - When the trope is used, there's about 90% chance that it will lower the reception of the work .
- Unexpected Reactions to This Index
- Eight Deadly Words - "I don't care what happens to these people."
- Necessary Weasel - An unrealistic trope which the audience expects to be there.
- Stylistic Suck - Making a work/art style etc. bad on purpose.
- Who Writes This Crap? - When a show's writing is criticized In-Universe.
- They Just Didn't Care - When the audience feels that the creators weren't even making an effort.
- Intended Audience Reaction - An attempt to intentionally evoke a reaction from the audience.
“An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful...Ass Pull
“So you have a male character who has Ho Yay with some other male character. He may be a Badass...Wimpification
“The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and...Flanderization
“Named after the Swedish home furniture retail chain, IKEA Erotica describes the tendency of...IKEA Erotica
“Half an hour after the show is over, A. Random Viewer is staring into his refrigerator, vaguely...Fridge Logic
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Bad Writing Index"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total.