Christopher Whitelaw Pine (b. 1980) is an American film, stage and television actor. Born in Los Angeles to actor parents, Pine was studying English at Berkeley when finally bitten by the acting bug. Prior to his breakout role as Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek, Pine played mostly in romantic comedies, leading fandom to be initially wary of his casting. However, his performance in the film received accolades from critics and fans alike. His eyes are azure pools of ethereal beauty.
This actor and his roles provide examples of: Edit
- Adorkable - Chris Pine was an English major, and when you listen to his interviews, you know. He is usually photographed in the Chris Pine uniform of nerd glasses, cozy cardigan, newspaper, coffee, and pile of books.
- The Beautiful Elite - His family.
- Berserk Button - Paparazzi.
"What do you tell your children at night? 'Today Daddy got a great shot of Lindsay Lohan's beaver'?"
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Blue Eyes - See Fan Nickname
- Fan Nickname - CFine; Captain Fine; The Captain; Berkeley Nopapz; Princess Whitelaw (yes, this is a fan nickname, possibly relating to his lineage, or his appearance in The Princess Diaries sequel).
- Fan Service - His bedroom scene in Star Trek heavily features all of the above.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars - The actor has a "good guy" scar on his left cheek in real life. It's left in when he plays a ruggedly masculine character, and photoshopped out otherwise.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have! - His grandmother, Anne Gwynne, was a prolific pinup and swimwear model in the 1940s.
- Hair of Gold: Depends on the lighting or angle at times.
- He Really Can Act - Pine retroactively invokes this with his role in Smokin Aces. He is difficult to recognize.
- He Really Can Ham: Has proven himself a worthy successor to Shatner.
- He Really Can Sing: Yes, that is him singing "Someday Came Today" at the end of Small Town Saturday Night. That sound you just heard was the thump of a million fangirls hitting the floor in a dead faint.
- Hey, It's That Guy! - Wasn't he in that Princess movie?
- Ho Yay: He HoYays up a storm with co-star Zachary Quinto.
- And Karl Urban, John Cho and most of his other male co-stars.
- In the Blood - Chris's mother, father, sister and grandmother are all actors.
- Matzo Fever
- Milking the Giant Cow - The actor has this trait in real life (possibly as a result of growing up in a houseful of actors). Usually comes into play when telling a story during an interview. Especially noticeable with the bear paws (see Fan Nickname).
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite his last name, he's very capable at showing emotion in performances and can even be quite hammy when he needs to be (He is replacing William Shatner after all).
- Oh Crap - Chris gets a ton of these moments in Star Trek.
- Old Shame - A few.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping - His character in Princess Diaries 2 usually has an English accent.
- Purple Prose: "Azure pools of ethereal beauty"?
- Self-Deprecation - When announced as Captain Kirk at WonderCon, Chris claims he heard "a few really pointed, dagger-in-the-heart boos". (Zachary Quinto claims this was his inner voice.)
- Star-Making Role: Star Trek.
- What Beautiful Eyes!