|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The scene where the boys discover that... thing is terrifying, both for the fact that we never find out what the hell it was and that the whole scene is disturbingly reminiscent of Marble Hornets, right down to the audio and visual distortion.
- The death of Richard Detmer in the original script. He basically gets his arms and legs telekinetically ripped off by his own son. Yikes.
- Similarly, Andrew ripping the spider apart with his powers.
- The way Richard actively beats his son is brutally realistic, especially since it outright causes Andrew to go off the deep end.
- The time Andrew forcibly removes a guy's teeth with telekinesis. Made worse when he records himself explaining how he removed them.
- The time Andrew killed those four neighborhood thugs. It's a lot more mundane than the other scenes, but his callous rummaging of their copses is hard to look at.
- Picture this: You're just a regular high school student hanging out with your buddies. Suddenly, that kid with the camera comes up to you and your friends in a fireman outfit. He mimes pointing a gun at one of them. As said friend taunts him,the kid presses his thumb down, sending your buddy flying backward. The rest of you start panicking, and you yourself run into the street in the hopes of getting away. You hear someone get flung into a car behind you. Out of the corner of your eye, you see one of your other friends get flipped before hitting the ground and hear a wooshing noise. Just when you think you're going to get away, the camera kid lands right in front of you. Before you have time to think "How the hell did he do that?", he blasts you backwards onto the ground. The last thing you feel as your life fades away is your face getting scraped along the ground, and the kid taking your wallet out of your pocket.
- Andrew. Just... Andrew. At the end of the movie, battered and beaten, he's still the most dangerous thing.
- The scream of rage he makes near the end of his rampage as he blows away all the cops is flat out chill-inducing for this troper. And then he spends the last moments of said rampage standing there and screaming. No rants, no threats. Just screaming. Over and over again.
- Andrew's "Apex Predator" speech:
Andrew: I've been doing a lot of reading, you know? Like, online about, like, just evolution and natural selection and how like there's this thing, right? It's called the apex predator, right? And basically what this is, is the strongest animal in the ecosystem, right? And as human beings, we're considered the apex predator, but only because smaller animals can't feed on us because of weapons and stuff, right? A lion does not feel guilty when it kills a gazelle, right? You do not feel guilty when you squash a fly... and I think that means something. I just think that really means something... *holds his hand out and starts telekenetically crushing the car behind him*