|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Cinema Bums is a gag-a-day webcomic by Matthew Domville. It updates on Mondays and Thursdays and can be found here. It features a comedic look at movies, classic and new, splitting strips evenly between those featuring a regular cast of characters and standalone gag-a-day style jokes.
Doug: An guy who loves all movies equally. He's thrilled by the moviegoing experience, from the snacks to the previews, and rarely has a bad word to say about flicks he's seen.
Del: A film academic who loves to interpret and analyze features. Demonstrates complete ignorance of contemporary popular movies, but rarely comes off as snobbish.
This webcomic features examples of: Edit
- Amulet of Dependency: An evil Halloween wig appears in these strips, which Doug continues to wear after the holiday is over. Fortunately, he's Genre Savvy enough to remove it before it completely takes over.
- Caustic Critic: Features Statler and Waldorf in a meta-example, providing caustic criticism to caustic critics in this comic.
- Easter Egg: Referenced in this strip, released on Easter Monday. The comic's title also serves as a reference to another story where Easter Eggs play an important role.
- Garage Sale: Features one in this strip, where Mindy needs to raise funds for a walk-on role in Joss Whedon's latest film.
- Male Gaze: Addressed in this strip in reference to the portrayal of Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Illustrates this for Hawkeye in the Avengers movie in this strip.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Mocked in this comic related to Robert Downey Jr.'s many disguises in Sherlock Holmes.
- Revenge. Serves as the catalyst for a multi-strip series beginning here.
- Schedule Slip: Averted. Usually updates at 12:01AM on Mondays and Thursdays, rarely later.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mindy and Del, it could be argued.