|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Americans Hate Tingle: According to one of the developers, the management Sega of Japan hated the game and said it "embodied everything that was wrong with American culture".
- Goddamned Bats: Kreeps are very easy to kill, but get into Goddamned Bats territory when there are Bottomless Pits about, often knocking you in.
- Taken Up to Eleven in the final boss, where the are produced whenever you use the trick to cause massive damage to said boss. Since you need to defeat all of them, it can either KILL YOU AFTER YOU BEAT THE BOSS or cause you to get the bad ending if you're too slow.
- Nightmare Fuel: The final boss battle.
- That One Boss: Kung-Fung has longer reach than you, and a ranged attack that requires split-second timing to avoid. If you don't know his secret weakness, you're going to need mad skillz to beat him.
"Your kung fu is good!"
- Period Piece: Sega Mega Drive, comic books, grunge music, Sketch's looks - the game is very Nineties.
- Unfortunate Implications: If you get the good ending Sketch lives happily ever after with Alissa. Sounds nice but she's a character he drew, there's just something wrong about the idea of a guy literally creating his own girlfriend.