|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This Australian duo is quite popular...in Australia! Outside of the Land Down Under, however, they're one-hit wonders.
But, wow! What a hit! If you HAVE to be a one-hit wonder, then "I Touch Myself" is perhaps the best song ever to be your one hit! Unlike most other famous masturbation anthems, this song is very direct and to the point. It's devoid of Purple Prose and beating around the bush like "Relax" or "She-Bop".
This band formed in Sydney in 1980. Its two members are Christina Amphlett and Mark McEntee. Their other hits include Love School, Make Out Alright, and I'm on Your Side.
I don't want anybody else. When I think about you, I use these tropes: Edit
- Australian Accent: DUH. These are Australian performers, after all. Some fans argue that Chrissy maintains hers in her singing voice. This isn't readily apparent in I Touch Myself.
- The Cover Changes the Gender: "Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore"
- Fiery Redhead: Chrissy Amphlett.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: One promotional image for I Touch Myself features Chrissy Amphlett...touching herself.
- Intercourse with You: Guess.
- Obligatory Bondage Song: "Pleasure And Pain"