|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Kind of expected when the antagonists are Nightmares.
- The supplemental book Don't Lose Your Mind, which covers Madness abilities in-depth, is predictably made of this.
- Everything from the setting, to the concept, to the protagonists' powers, to, most especially, the Nightmares is horrifying in precisely the right twisted way.
- Given how humorous some of the concepts sound before you stop and think about it (a cop with a clock for a head? Paper boys made of paper?) they might almost be mistaken for Nightmare Fuel.
- Best of all the game encourages, if not necessitates, the creation of more High Octane Nightmare Fuel by the players, making them realize just how twisted their minds really are.
- The Tacks Man. Oh dear god the Tacks Man. He pins you down and steals pieces of your existence!
“He came at me, those pinpoint fingers of his screeching along the slate walls. I had to get away. Last time we met, he took my heartbeat. This time, he was after my name.”