|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Fat people are generally jerks, if not outright evil.
- Straight: Bob is overweight, and a Jerkass.
- Exaggerated: Bob is morbidly obese, and a Complete Monster.
- Downplayed: Bob is pudgy, and irritable.
- Justified: Fat people also generally tend to have a greater sense of self-entitlement.
- Bob has been bullied due to his weight, and it's turned him bitter against society.
- Bob is thin as a twig, and the nicest person ever.
- Bob is obese but messianic-ally good. He also feeds millions of hungry people.
- Subverted: Bob is fat, and a jerk, but he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Double Subverted: Bob is fat, and a jerk, and if you think he's got a Hidden Heart of Gold... he does not. He's a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk.
- Bob does ridiculously petty things, but he's still treated as the ultimate evil.
- Alternatively, Bob is so fat, he jiggles as he walks. He wears a supervillain outfit that barely fits him, goes around, merrily hopping down the streets (causing slight tremors as he does so) kicking any dogs along the way.
- Deconstructed: Bob tries to be nice, but everyone assumes him to be a jerk because he's fat.
- Reconstructed: People eventually realize that Bob isn't a jerk, and start treating him nicely again.
- Zig Zagged: Some fat people are jerks, others aren't.
- Averted: Weight has nothing to do with how nice a person is.
- Enforced: "We want to add another negative quality to our villain. I know, let's make him fat."
- Lampshaded: "Oh hey, a fat person. How many of you wanna take bets that he's evil?"
- Invoked: Hiro constantly antagonizes Bob, under the "reasoning" that all fat people are evil.
- Exploited: Alex figures his appearance will help him gain the trust of human traffickers to gather enough evidence to bring down the whole ring.
- Defied: Bob, a villain of average build notes that being too fat limits them. "You need to be in good shape in near everything in this business. Getting too out of shape at the top is just asking to be replaced."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Figures that Hollywood will vilify anyone that doesn't fit their impossible without plastic surgery and hours of makeup image."
Back to Fat Bastard