|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
SPOILER WARNING STILL APPLIES MASSIVELY
- Alternate Character Interpretation
- Mitch, the Big Good, in accused in-story of having and using More Than Mind Control abilities just like the Big Bad. He's also accused of using a memetic weapon to make Thomas Muoka an Unperson. The Optional Canon origin story for him indicates that he was lying to his allies. Canonically, he sacrificed our dimension to Oul (not knowing it was inhabited). He also personally ran a Dystopia (albeit to save humanity) and wiped out human civilization at least 20 times. And in the end, he got to go home alive, unlike every single other named character. Suffice it to say, he has a bit of a spotty record.
- It's said several times that a year and a half of total sensory deprivation should have (and in a sense, did) utterly destroy Anne Poole's mind. "Marooned" reveals that being restricted to 3+1 dimensions has a similar effect on Xio, cutting off nearly all of its senses except Mitch's meager five. So why doesn't Xio go completely insane (by its own standards, if not humanity's)? Maybe it/he did.
- Black and Gray Morality: Mitch is, at best, a flawed and selfish opportunist who doesn't care about anything or anyone except getting out of this Flatland prison and back to civilization. The only reason he's considered the good guy is (1) the other guy's an Omnicidal Maniac and (2) ...
- Designated Hero: By Word of God.
- ↑ at least, not after Seph got wiped clean