|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This series contains YMMV examples of: Edit
- Adaptation Displacement: Not many people know that U.S. Acres was a comic strip too. The comic strip version of Bo was very unintelligent, the comic's Sheldon had a philosophical side, and two characters, Cody the Dog and Blue the Cat, were left out of the cartoon altogether (possibly to avoid the Talking Animal confusion that would have arisen regarding them and the non-speaking Garfield and Odie).
- Possibly also because they'd disappeared from the strip by that point.
- Awesome Music:
- Ear Worm:
- The final season's hip hop opening theme.
- (OH WE ARE THE BUDDY BEARS WE ALWAYS GET ALONG. EACH DAY, WE DO A LITTLE DANCE AND SING A LITTLE SONG, IF YOU EVER DISAGREE, IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE WRONG. OH WE ARE THE BUDDY BEARS WE ALWAYS GET ALONG!)
- "Happy birthday, happy birthday,
Whoop de doo, whoop de do,,
Hope it's really pleasant
Open up your present,
Just for you, just for you."
(repeat until insane)
- "Oh we're the ants that steal your dinner!..."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Odie and Nermal, Wade the Duck.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- As mentioned earlier, the second theme song has the line "I hope you bring lots of spaghetti!"
- Try not to snicker when you consider "Wade, You're Afraid" is about a flightless coward trying to overcome his cowardliness, and involves a bull.
- In the episode "Over the Rainbow", the leprechaun keeps calling Roy "Roy, my boy".
- In "The Bad Sport", one throwaway gag mentions building a statue of Arnold Schwarzenegger out of coleslaw, someone who would find his way back into Garfield media 23 years later with this Square Root of Minus Garfield comic.
- At the beginning of "Astrocat" Garfield and Odie watch the game show "Hit The Buzzer, Win A Cookie" and Garfield comments "And this is on the educational channel". Midly amusing comment then, very relevant today thanks to the Network Decay of The Learning Channel.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Most fans thought Nermal was a girl because of his feminine voice and there is absolutely nothing boyish about him...and he has eye-lashes.
- Most of the people who knew he was a guy only knew because he was frequently referred to as a guy in the comics.