|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character, most often male, gets hit in his genitals.
- Straight: Alice kicks Bob's groin out of frustration towards the latter.
- Subverted: Bob jumps back so as to avoid Alice's kick.
- Double Subverted:
- But this just frustrates Alice more, resulting in her using throwing darts she keeps on standby.
- ...until Alice isn't watching and he crumples in pain.
- Bob is actually a girl... but Reality Ensues.
- Parodied: Alice flicks Bob in the groin, resulting in a torrent of High-Pressure Blood. Alternately, Bob tapes a knife to his groin and tries to keep an erection, just to use the knife as a makeshift dagger.
- Deconstructed: The kick damages Bob's nerve endings, and possibly even ruptures his testicles.
- Reconstructed: But it works well in a fight.
- Zig Zagged: A Shadow Discretion Shot looks like Alice hit Bob in his crotch, but she really kicked him in his thigh. Until Bob is seen with an icepack on his crotch, which he explains he needs to use after falling on a plank of wood, so Alice really did kick Bob in his thigh.
- Averted: The two fight, but Alice does not target Bob's groin.
- Enforced: "Hits to the manhood are always funny; why don't we include one here?"
- Bob expects these kicks coming, and always wears a metal codpiece to protect himself.
- Bob knows certain kind of kung-fu that intercepts attacks to the groin.
- Bob is a ghost/hologram/psychic projection, so Groin Attacks (or any physical attack for that matter) can't affect him.
- Bob dodges Alice´s Groin Attack and kicks her in the groin.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "How can all these guys on TV handle being hit in the groin and not have it stop them for long?"
- Played For Laugh: A snarky description of the effects that attack had is made by a bystander/the game interface.
Back to Groin Attack