|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: An ability allowing for really fast regeneration.
- Straight: Bob can heal from bullet wounds, burns, and missing limbs in a few hours
- Exaggerated: From a Single Cell
- Downplayed: Bob can heal from most major injuries in just a few weeks.
- Justified: Bob is under some magic that makes him regenerate fast.
- Bob is in a world/universe that has a strong connection to him. This means that the world/universe will constantly heal Bob, being a part of him allows it to do so easily.
- Bob cannot heal from any wound, no matter how minor.
- Bob's body is constantly deteriorating.
- Subverted: Bob is said to have a healing factor. He is shot with a huge machine gun, but doesn't get back up...
- Double Subverted: For a few minutes. He only needed more time than usual to heal from that.
- Parodied: Bob's healing factor is Played for Laughs, and people get in line to beat him up. Bob might even charge a fee to make extra money.
- Zig Zagged: Bob has an incredible Healing Factor, but it's Cast From Lifespan. Basically, in exchange for cheating death now, he'll die a little earlier several years down the road.
- Averted: Bob has normal healing abilities.
- Enforced: The writers wanted to create a character who can survive lethal situations without making him a Boring Invincible Hero.
- Lampshaded: "How could you heal so fast, Bob?"
- Invoked: Bob looks for a ring of regeneration.
- Exploited: Bob starts selling his organs and his blood, earning him tons of money without doing much.
- Defied: John knows of Bob's healing factor and maims one of Bob's friends via a method Bob can't heal.
- Discussed: "Bob's ability to heal is great, he can recover from anything, so putting him on the front line makes sense."
- Conversed: "Bob's ability to heal in Tropers Comics is really cool, right?"
- Bob needs materials to regenerate, and can't get them from any other way than his food. He gets sick from hypoglycemia and other disorders normally associated with starvation.
- Healing factors also extend to poison, too bad the body can't makes the difference between poison and anti depressive medications.
- The ability to regenerate that fast allows for awful torture, since it isn't needed to make sure Bob will survive.
- Played For Laughs: Good Thing You Can Heal
- Played For Drama: Bob's healing factor goes Up to Eleven and gives Alice cancer which eventually kills her.
Back to Healing Factor