|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Keep Circulating the Tapes – Aside from Spider-Man 2099 (the most popular series), and X-Men 2099 (which along with Spider-Man 2099 was reprinted in trade paperbacks), the 2099 books have never been reprinted.
- Writer Revolt: When Marvel fired Joey Cavalieri as a cost-cutting exercise, most of the writers quit in protest. The line limped on for a while before collapsing, and Marvel wrapped things up by getting Len Kaminski to write a one-shot, 2099: Manifest Destiny. Kaminski was the writer of Ghost Rider 2099, and the opening narration makes it quite clear whose side he's on:
This world had itself a god once. Not a perfect one, there's not a one of 'em are, but this 'un was kind and honest, and knew more'n most about creatin'.
Things were goin' pretty well for longer than they usually do, until the soulless credheads crawled in from the outer darks an' took over hereabouts. They drove our god and his loyal minions into the outer darks, and ain't nothing gone right since.
- What Could Have Been – In the original draft of Ravage 2099’s final issue, Doom would have sent Ravage and the Hellrock denizens into another dimension, while he destroyed the island. Doom even briefly alludes to this.
- Fantastic Four 2099 didn't even last 10 issues, and it only had 5 before the entire 2099 staff quit. What makes this far worse is that it was shaping up to be the range's best title since Spider-Man 2099.
- Evidence shows that Goblin 2099 was not originally intended to be Gabriel O'Hara but instead Father Jennifer, Dana's sister.
- Mark Waid had written a proposition for a Daredevil 2099 ongoing series, which was never picked up.