|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes include: Edit
- Adam Westing: John McEnroe.
- Alliterative Name: Babe Bennett continues the trend for Sandler's love interests, though unlike some of the others, her initials aren't V.V.
- Crying Wolf: Tabloid journalist Babe Bennett pretends to be a Distressed Damsel, getting mugged in order to meet Deeds and dig up dirt on him. Later, when she is really in trouble, he doesn't believe her.
- Heel Realization: Babe has a very emotional one when she realizes she is falling for Deeds and has been lying to him about everything.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: When Deeds rescues a woman and her seven cats from a burning building, the TV tabloid show for which Babe works makes it look as if he killed the cats and sexually assaulted the woman.
- Jerkass: Mac, Babe's boss.
- Mood Whiplash: When Deeds makes Emilio puncture his "black foot":
YOU'RE SICK! YOU'RE SICK! WHY WOULD YOU DO THA-aaaaa I'm just kiddin'.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: What Deeds gives to Babe's "mugger".
- Seamless Spontaneous Lie: Babe's lie about Little Winchestertonfieldville, Iowa turns out to mostly come true, and Deeds is too naive to notice the inconsistencies.