|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The epic effort of photographing a giant inflatable pig over the Battersea Power Station for the cover of the Animals album. Two days of trying to get a clear shot, with the pig finally breaking free of the lines and floating over to Heathrow Airport. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the incident itself became Memetic Mutation and funny as hell.
- Flying pigs became a staple of Pink Floyd concerts.
- The lyrics to "In the Flesh" are a spot-on mockery of racism, as long as you've got a dark sense of humor.
- "Corporal Clegg" is a song about WWII with two kazoo solos and darkly humorous lyrics.
Corporal Clegg had a wooden leg
He won it in the war in 1944
Corporal Clegg had a medal too
In orange, red and blue
He found it in the zoo
- Also it contains not one, but two kazoo solos.
- "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict".
- Others include "Have a Cigar" and the line Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls? from "Mother".
- The teacher's voice, complete with Scotch accent, heard on The Wall.
- The background shouting of Go on, judge, shit on him! from "The Trial".
- One man exclaims, "No, don't do it!" when Judge Arse proclaims that Pink "fills me with the urge to defecate!"
- The honking geese effect that's heard at the end of "Bike".
- The Talk Box pig squeals that suddenly come out of nowhere in "Pigs (Three Different Ones)".
- Nick Mason VS. pie crust. YMMV, of course.
- That Look of the Week interview with Waters & Barrett. The interviewer is a stuffy old Austrian guy named Hans Keller, who can not contain his absolute distain of "Them dang dirty hippies and their loud rock music". It's subtle in it's inadvertent silliness. Keller needs a bucket of ice water. When Hans says something about "loud sounds making one immune to softer sounds", Roger Water's Double Take face is priceless! Also a subtile Crowning Moment of Awesome because Roger & Syd are absolute, well-spoken gentleman who answer questions well, don't get angry & don't fall for whatever "traps" & "pitfalls" Keller put out.
- Roger Waters and Gerald Scarfe MS Ting during the DVD commentary of The Wall.