|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman is an action-adventure game developed by UEP Systems and published by Agetec for the Sony Playstation in 1999.
This video game contains the following tropes: Edit
- Abnormal Ammo: Zan's revolver may look slightly larger than normal, but can apparently load shotgun shells and missiles.
- BFS: When using Hustle Time, Zan's sword grows larger.
- Button Mashing: Has it in spades: the "All Button Events" and the Finishing Move after every boss fight.
- Cattle Punk
- (Super Ultra Sexy) Combos
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Japanese version features "Super Ultra Sexy Hero", by Hironobu Kageyama, the US version features a little something called "Johnny No More", by David Nowlin and Greg Weber, which is no less awesome.
- Expository Theme Tune: "Rising Zan, Samurai Gunman!"
- Finishing Move: Each time you defeat a boss.
- Giant Hands of Doom: Stage 2's All Button Event
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Most of the Mooks you face.
- Limit Break: Whoah... HUSTLE TIME!
- Me's a Crowd: Zan splits into three when finishing off bosses.
- Rank Inflation: From Chicken all the way to Super Ultra Sexy Hero.
- Refuge in Audacity: A circular flamethrower operated by two green ninjas who run on treadmills. And that's just in the first stage.
- Revolvers Are Just Better
- Rule of Cool: Oh, damn yeah.
- Samurai Cowboy: Of course.
- That Man Is Dead: "Rising Zan, Johnny no more!"
- Theme Music Power-Up: The game's opening theme plays when you're finishing off bosses... giving you that perfect high when Zan slices through his opponent just as you hear "Rising Za-a-a-a-an... Johnny no... no more!".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sushi
- Widget Series