|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The programme also focuses on the wife of the the CEO of Kernell, who through her efforts to fund shelters for trafficked woman stumbles across the cover-up.
This show provides examples of:
- Adorkable: John Simm really should wear glasses more often.
- Adult Fear
- Bilingual Dialogue
- Bittersweet Ending
- Blackmail: Elena is told her son will be killed if she misbehaves.
- Callum Tate attempts to do this to the Kernell executives with the tape.
- Cassandra Truth: Both Callum and Daniel.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Daniel gets a few of these.
- Completely Unnecessary Translator: Referring to the scene where Elena is asked to translate, but told to be quiet every time she attempts to do so.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: And how.
- Disproportionate Retribution: A girl is shot because she has a sore on her lip. These are some pretty messed-up psychos.
- Foreign Correspondent
- Going for the Big Scoop: Daniel gets the crap beaten out of him for his trouble.
- Inelegant Blubbering: It's more than justified considering the situations these characters find themselves in.
- Is That a Threat?: Played quite straight.
- Men Don't Cry: Averted. However, Elena does seem to somewhat hold this opinion, judging by her reaction.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Of course, it helps when said nerds are played by John Simm...
- Nice Guy: Make it through the entire program without wanting to marry, or at least hug, Daniel. Go on, try.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: With steel toed boots, no less.
- Not What It Looks Like: Both Daniel and Callum get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Rape as Drama
- Rescue Romance
- Ripped from the Headlines: Unfortunately, sex-trafficking is a very real problem that exists throughout the world.
- Tactful Translation: Doesn't work very well on Daniel, as he usually knows both languages in question.
- That Came Out Wrong: "You should maybe take that off. Well, not... off... now. Uh, I didn't mean-I didn't mean it like that... um, ah, sor-forget it." Oh, Daniel.