|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Making a sexy outfit, usually for women, modeled on something that, barring Fetishes, isn't really sexy on its own (say a famous Pimped-Out Dress or a deck of cards). It doesn't matter what it is, someone will try to make attractive clothing based on it.
This shows up in fiction, but is also Truth in Television when it comes to Cosplay and Halloween outfits (like in the picture). Yet they aren't sold on the kinky sites, but mainstream stores. This is because most of these outfits (and sources) tend to not be outright obscene, so most examples of this tend to fall into "PG" territory.
Compare Moe Anthropomorphism.
- Miyuki-chan in Wonderland had a number of these outfits, including sexy roses and sexy Human Chess outfits.
- Dark Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh! is a sexy version of the Robe and Wizard Hat.
- Discussed in Mean Girls, where Cady is the only girl at the party who dresses in a non-sexy Halloween costume. "In Girl-World, Halloween is the one time of year you can dress as an absolute slut and get away with it."
- One of the male reporters on The Daily Show was tricked into dressing like a sexy nurse.
- Referenced on Parks and Recreation:
April: I want another nurse.
Ann: Well, there are none. We're stretched pretty thin right now.
April: Then I want a janitor. They can do what you do, right?
Ann: Yep, nurses and janitors are totally interchangeable.
April: Except no one dresses up like a janitor when they want to be slutty.
- Bill Maher looooves playing with this trope, especially when he hosts "Arabian fashion shows."
- In at least the "Hottest Party" line of Dance Dance Revolution, Jun wears a skimpy version of the Japanese folklore goddess dress in the first three games, while in the fourth game (just called "Dance Dance Revolution" in the US) she wears a sexy angel dress.
- Also in the fourth game, Ceja wears a sexy lady Navy uniform.
- The mirrored mini dress in Dance Masters is basically a sexy disco ball dress.
- Parodied twice (so far) in the Kingdom of Loathing:
- On the battlefield of the war between the hippies and the frat orcs, fighting on the side of the hippies may turn up battles against a Naughty Sorority Nurse. She is described as being drafted as a medic for the frat orcs because she showed up in a sexy nurse outfit, and she was only in THAT outfit because everyone already took the outfits for the sexy stewardess, the sexy pirate, the sexy referee, the sexy rollerskater, the sexy plumber, the sexy train conductor...
- In the 2011 Halloween event, the sorority orcs turned their sorority house into a haunted house. While they have been turned into various monsters along the way, each one is described as wearing a sexy costume of a randomly generated, increasingly-esoteric profession. Such as a sexy astronaut, a sexy dentist, a sexy clothier, a sexy patent attorney, a sexy feminist blogger, a sexy chemical engineer, a sexy lexicographer, a sexy rat catcher...
- The Volet is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover comic, including Star Wars and Final Fantasy VI. In a few strips, Terra gets stuck in a Chocobo outfit, and when Edgar first hears, he hopes it's a sexy one.
- In Misfile, Ash claims that girls use Halloween as an excuse to dress up as whores using these kind of costume. Emily's rebuttal is that it's the one time of year that women can dress up like that and not actually be accused of being whores, and doesn't think it's a fair accusation anyway. Given that she wore a sexy nurse outfit the previous year and most of the women at the following party wore something similar, though, Ash did kinda have a point.
- Three words: Sexy Abraham Lincoln
- Parodied in the Cracked video Slutty Girls in Slutty Costumes and its sequel.
- In the Eighties Dan review of Halloween III Season of the Witch, Dan mistook Jillian's Sailor Moon costume for a sexy Donald Duck outfit.
- According to The Nostalgia Chick, women are legally required to wear these for Halloween.
- This mock commercial.
- I-Mockery's Worst Sexy Halloween Costumes.
- Stan Smith of American Dad was dumb enough not to realize his cowardly lion outfit was a sexy lady's outfit.
- Cosplayers do this a lot as well.
- Walk through an adult Halloween shop and you'll find plenty of classic Disney heroine outfits (including the Disney Princesses) playing up the Fan Service.
- Sexy Freddy Krueger (here) and Jason Voorhees (here), anyone? Sexy Michael Myers, too (here; amusingly, it lacks the iconic mask).