|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A girl who could easily be the Alpha Bitch, but isn't.
- Straight: Beth, despite being beautiful, rich, popular, and being the object of every boy's affections, is one of the nicest people in school, in contrast to her best friend, Alice.
- Exaggerated: Beth is a Purity Sue.
- Downplayed: Beth has the same background as an Alpha Bitch or Spoiled Brat, but is a nice person, even if not one of the nicest.
- Justified: Beth's parents taught her not to abuse her power and to be kind to others-- Beth has earned the popularity she has.
- Inverted: Beth is the Alpha Bitch.
- Subverted: Beth is just acting nice to get people to like her. The second she gets Claire alone, she's worse than Alice. But since they're alone, who're people gonna believe-- sweet little ol' Beth or nobody Claire?
- Double Subverted: Beth isn't like that to everyone, just Claire, who happens to be a bit of a brat herself, and actually kinda deserves it.
- Parodied: See "exaggerated".
- Zig Zagged: Beth is so sweet... or is she? Oh, wait yeah she is, Claire deserved it... Oh, hey, Diana didn't do anything!
- Averted: Beth is rich and pretty and all, but is neither a bitch or a sweetheart-- just a normal kid.
- Enforced: "It's a bit cliche to have the rich and pretty girl be a bitch, isn't it? Let's introduce a friend for Alice, who's actually nice."
- Lampshaded: "You know, Beth, since you hang out with Alice, I expected you to be a bitch, too. I can't believe how wrong I was!"
- Invoked: Beth is sure to be kind to everyone to make sure that her fellow students know that she and Alice are not one and the same.
- Defied: Beth believes that Good Is Boring, and acts accordingly.
- Discussed: "It's actually kind of refreshing to meet a girl who's rich and pretty and popular but is still nice."
- Conversed: "It's actually kind of refreshing to see a show that has a girl who's rich and pretty and popular but is still nice."
- Deconstructed: People look down on Beth, since they assume that Good Is Dumb.
- Reconstructed: Beth proves that she's just as smart as Alice. Maybe even a bit smarter.
Come with me to Spoiled Sweet. We can take my limo, if you want. Plenty of room for everyone!