|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
For any tropers who feel this way... You Are Not Alone. Edit
- In Japan --
- +81 (0) 6 4395 4343 Suicide Prevention Centre, Osaka
- In Sweden --
- BRIS - Barnens Rätt I Samhället (Childrens' Right In Society - under 18s) 116 111
- Brottsofferjouren (Gives help and support to victims of crime) 0200 - 21 20 19
- Jourhavande präst (A priest that you can call and talk to during the night (9pm - 6am). Believes in God, but won't talk about religion unless you choose to.) 112 (the Swedish emergency number), ask for the priest on call.
- Kvinnofridslinjen (Gives help and support to women subjected to domestic abuse) 020 - 50 50 50
- In the United Kingdom --
- In the United States --
- -- For the general public --
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-TALK
- Kristin Brooks Hope Center - Hopeline 1-800-SUICIDE
- HOPEline Crisis Hotline 1-800-442-HOPE
- -- By and for specific groups --
- 1-866-4-U-TREVOR Gay and lesbian teens (The Trevor Project)
- 1-800-GRADHLP Grad students
- 1-800-PPD-MOMS Postpartum depression
- 1-800-SUICIDA Spanish / Español
- 1-877-YOUTHLINE Teens
- 1-877-Vet2Vet Veterans
- Anywhere --
- http://www.befrienders.org -- "We don't judge them or tell them what to do - we listen."
- http://www.givesmehope.com -- Stories of hope, love, and compassion.
- http://www.metanoia.org -- Takes a logical approach to the issue of suicide.
- http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html -- Suicide Hotlines
- http://www.wfmh.org/00awareness.htm#DEPRESSION:_WHAT_YOU_KNOW -- In English, Portuguese, and Spanish. Includes a listing of telephone numbers in various nations.
- https://www.imalive.org/index.php --I'm Alive! Online Crisis Network. Live IRC chat with trained crisis intervention volunteers.
For more information about suicidality, see UsefulNotes/Suicide.