|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Skrulls in general Edit
- Aliens Are Bastards: Played with; they serves as villains and do commit villainous acts, but they don't appear much malicious. In fact, if you take account of the fact they are only trying to get a new home, they appear almost sympathetic in comparison to the Kree Empire.
- Alien Invasion
- Big Bads: Of the first half of the second season.
- Catch Phrase: "As it is written" (a reference to the Prophecy that says Earth would be their new world)
- Paranoia Fuel: This is an invoked tactic that they use In-Universe.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Played with; while they are definitely villains, they have a good reason to attempt to conquer Earth, and they were willing to spare humans who would surrender (to keep them as slaves, but still...)
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
Queen Veranke Edit
Mockingbird/Queen Veranke Edit
The Queen of the Skrull Empire and leader of the Secret Invasion. SHIELD Agent Barbara Morse (aka Mockingbird) was captured by the Skrulls and Veranke replaced her, thus getting in closer to manipulate her enemies directly.
Voiced by: E.G. Daily
- Action Girl: Kicks a lot of ass.
- Because Destiny Says So: She is confident that her invasion will work, since a prophecy foretold the new world would be the Skrulls'. Needless to say, she doesn't take it well when it fails...
- But if you look at it a certain way, the prophecy came true. The Earth belonged to the Skrulls. But it didn't say how long they would have it...
- The Chessmaster: The leader of the invasion. Her plans to divide Earth's heroes using Paranoia Fuel have worked perfectly.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Had her scientists upload a virus in Iron Man's armor to take him down instead of merely trying to shoot him.
- Faux Affably Evil: Toward Fury and Stark.
- God Save Us From the Queen
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: When she revealed herself as Veranke to Skrull-Cap.
- Manipulative Bitch: The whole invasion worked through a massive Batman Gambit to disband the Avengers, use Nick Fury's own tactic against him and take control of every organisation on Earth. Not to mention using Captain America's image as a way to attempt to convince Earth people to surrender.
- The Mole: She is "working" for Nick Fury and brought the Skrulls to his attention.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She's the Skrull Queen Veranke, and the leader of the invasion.
- Spared by the Adaptation: After the invasion fails, she is merely taken to 42. In the comic, she gets Killed Off for Real by Norman Osborn.
- Stripperific: In her royal garb.
- Villainous Breakdown: When the Avengers suddenly start gaining the upper hand, she looses her cool and orders a massive attack to wipe out humanity. Even after it fails, she tries a last stand while repeating : "This can't be... it was written..."
- Violet Eyes
Madame Viper Edit
Madame Viper Edit
The first Skrull that Nick Fury catches. She got captured after Hawkeye's unauthorized invasion of HYDRA Island.
Voiced by: Vanessa Marshall
- Green-Skinned Space Babe
- Never Say "Die": Played perfectly straight. When last seen she was lying motionless on a cold slab and had reverted back to her natural Skrull form, which is what happens when they die... but she's never outright referred to as dead, killed, etc.
Tony Stark: How do you even know that this is Skrull? I'm assuming this one isn't talking.
Captain America Edit
You have no idea who I am.
Avenger Steve Rogers was captured by Skrulls and replaced with a doppelganger, shortly after the Avengers overthrew Loki and returned to New York. This Skrull replicated Captain America's personality and skills almost perfectly, fooling all of the other Avengers.
Voiced by: Brian Bloom
- Absentee Actor: Cap doesn't show up in "Michael Korvac" because he's "looking up old WWII buddies."
- Cover Identity Anomaly: He has to ask Johnny Storm which member of the Fantastic Four he is, despite the fact Johnny saved Cap from some of Malekith's ice monsters. (He did remember Ben Grimm is the Thing, who also saved Cap from those monsters.).
- Easy Impersonation: Viewers can distinguish the Skrull from the real Captain America because the former wears the costume from the Ultimate Marvel universe, but none of the Avengers have really questioned the costume change yet. (Hawkeye told Skrull-Cap that he liked his new costume, but didn't ask why he got one in the first place.)
- Evil Twin
- I Gave My Word: Baron Zemo insists for Cap's assurance that the Avengers would not let the Enchantress defeat him. Cap gives his word, but breaks it by refusing to activate the magic-neutralizer in time. He also kicks Zemo in the face.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Unlike the real Captain America, he uses a photonic shield created by Tony Stark. Skrull-Cap can increase its size depending on how many people he must protect.
- The Mole
- Mole in Charge: Once Iron Man tries to dissolve the Avengers, Skrull Cap holds Hawkeye, Wasp, and Hulk together as a team and assumes leadership of them.
- Out of Character Alert: Nick Fury finds it suspicious that when the Hulkbusters come to arrest Hulk for the rampage Red Hulk framed him of committing, Cap tells Hulk to let the Hulkbusters take him without a fight. Cap doesn't even try to tell the Hulkbusters that Hulk assured him of innocence.
- The Shadow Knows: No one noticed except the viewers, though.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor
Super Skrull Edit
Super Skrull/Kl'rt Edit
Humans, you think you're so special? Even your powers, we can make more powerful!
Kl'rt the Super Skrull is an incredibly powerful Skrull warrior who has the powers of The Fantastic Four. He tries to recapture all of the prisoners that Captain America frees to return to Earth, but fails.
Voiced By: Kyle Herbert
- All Your Powers Combined: Since he has all the powers of The Fantastic Four. The Super Skrull army has the powers of the other heroes and villains as well.
- Smug Super: Just check his quote above.
The Avengers Edit
The Avengers Edit
The Skrulls impersonated each of the Season One Avengers in order to trick Ms. Marvel into teaming up with them and invading Wakanda.
- Big Damn Heroes: As part of a plan to find out how to break the human spirit, Skrulls impersonating Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, and Hawkeye entered Captain America's cell on the Skrulls' spaceship, claiming to be Avengers coming to rescue him. Cap didn't take long to realize these weren't really his friends.
- Cover Identity Anomaly: When Skrull-Wasp first meets Ms. Marvel, she comments on her leotard as if she never saw her wear it before. Which actually makes sense since they were impersonating the Avengers before they came back from Asgard, meaning they weren't supposed to know Carol had become a superheroine.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The original trailer for Season 2 showed many scenes of the Skrull Avengers, but played it out as though they were the actual Avengers.
- Psycho Rangers
- Red Shirts
- Trailers Always Spoil: This promo showed Black Panther unmasking his own doppelganger.
Minor Skrulls (Unmarked Spoilers Within!) Edit
Minor Skrulls Edit
- Distressed Damsel: Invisible Woman, in "The Private War of Dr. Doom".
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Doctor Doom's computer portrays Invisible Woman like this while revealing her true nature.
- The Mole
- Not Himself/Herself:
- Invisible Woman reportedly tends to ignore Reed more often than Sue does.
- Dr. Lyle Getz shows no concern at all in forcing AIM agents to overload Earth's satellites until all life gets wiped out.