|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2003 French-Canadian film, directed by Denys Arcand.
- Betty and Veronica. Both Remy's older ex-lovers and Sebastien's love interests, though YMMV.
- Bourgeois Bohemian. Remy and his friends.
- Drugs Are Bad. Subverted, somewhat. Sebastien obtains heroin to ease Remy's pain, becoming a Health Care Motivation trope.
- The Generation Gap. Between the socialist Remy and his capitalist son. Leads to Awkward Father Son Bonding Activity.
- Mighty Whitey/Asian Gal with White Guy. Destroyed during Remy's "cretinism" monologue.
- The Professor. Inverted, somewhat. Instead of the guy who knows everything, Remy is portrayed as a loser.