|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: While rushing through a door, a character ends up accidentally hitting another character with the door.
- Straight: Alice comes running through a door, accidentally hitting Bob with the door as she runs through.
- Exaggerated: Alice slowly opens the door, gently tapping Bob, who flies across the room.
- Alice kicks the door off its hinges, causing it to fly straight across the room and slam into Bob.
- Downplayed: Alice jogs through the door, opening it slowly until the door stops next to Bob. Bob feels a slight nudge as Alice walks in, and the two greet each other.
- Justified: Alice was deliberately trying to hurt Bob.
- Or, alternatively, the characters are In Soviet Russia.
- Alice is so focused on something right now (such as chasing a criminal) she only sees everything else as an obstacle and doesn't realize Bob was on the other side of the door.
- Inverted: Bob slams the door.
- Subverted: It looks as if Bob is about to get hit by the door when Alice comes running through, but he manages to step out of the way in time.
- Double Subverted: Bob steps out of the way of the door, but then another door opens and hits him.
- Parodied: ???
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Nobody gets hit by swinging doors.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Hey Bob, I just received a call from Alice saying she's on her way here." "Thanks for the warning, I'll step away from the door."
- Invoked: ???
- Defied: Bob always makes sure not to be standing too close to any door.
- Discussed: "Ow! Why does that keep happening?"
- Conversed: "Alice is coming, this oughta be good...Splat! Ha ha!"
- Played For Laughs: The door-strike causes Amusing Injuries.
- Played For Drama: The door-strike causes serious injuries.
Back to The Door Slams You.