|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Original films: Edit
- Miyagi is doing his "catch the fly with the chopsticks" bit, and Daniel walks in.
Daniel: What are you doing?
Miyagi: Man who catch fly with chopsticks, accomplish anything!
Daniel: May I try? *almost immediately catches the fly* Look! Mr. Miyagi! I did it!
Miyagi: *throws his chopsticks down in disgust* You beginner's luck!
- When the monks take up Julie's wish to visit her in Boston. Miyagi takes them out on the town.
- Zen Bowling.
- "Mercy is for the weak. We do not train to be merciful here. Man face you he is enemy. Enemy deserve no mercy... HONK!"
- Julie asks Miyagi "When are you going to teach me to break boards and stuff?" Miyagi answers "Why you want to break boards? What boards ever do to you?"
2010 film: Edit
- Dre's mom tells him to practice his Chinese, so he turns to a Chinese guy and speaks (very poor) Chinese. The Chinese guy's response was absolute gold.
Dre: *Attempts to say "What's your name?" in Chinese, and not doing a very good job.*
Chinese Guy: ... Dude, I'm from Detroit.
- It should be noted that this is the part where the title card comes in, signifying that this will be a long and difficult movie for Dre.