|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Three rad dudes, with nothing better to do,Not just the premise to The Totally Rad Show.
get abducted by the crew of the starship Alpha-2.
They're from the planet Q which, due to a space time loop,
is stuck in '82 and must be rescued.
They need our heroes to discuss the latest news
and give their reviews of games and movies too.
Sure hope you're not confused. We swear this is all true.
—The Totally Rad Show Theme Original Version
The Totally Rad Show is a Web Original program on the Revision3 network. It features three guys, Alex Albrecht, Jeff Cannata, and Dan Trachtenberg, as they review various geek-related media. This includes Film, Video Games, Television, and occasionally Comic Books.
- Expository Theme Tune: Parodied them with its always absurd (and, for a time, constantly changing) theme song. It did, however, manage to tell you the basic premise of "Three Guys Cover Pop Culture Stuff" in between the puns, wackiness, and Shout Outs.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Danny T: ¡Mañana!
- Live Episode: The excursions to San Diego Comic Con and SXSW
- Five of Us: Jeff, Alex, Dan, Mike and formerly Steve all wear their geek hearts on the sleeve. One of the show's mantras is: "Nerd is the new cool".
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Retool: On September 20th, 2010 the show went from a long form weekly show with new episodes on Tuesdays to a daily show with shorter episodes covering topics from Monday through Friday.
- Shout-Out: So so many
- Something Completely Different: The End of the Year (Raddies) shows count for this but an even better example would be Episode 153 where the TRS guys do the whole show as a public access program from 1986.
- And now we have Episode 180, which is set entirely in 1959.
- Spiritual Successor: To Dan's earlier podcast on Revision3 Geekdrome.
- Totally Radical