|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes used by Tom Milsom Edit
He’s dark, but he’s here
And there’s nothing that I fear
Because he is one with me
- Dogged Nice Guy - Awkward Ballads For The Easily Pleased is full of this trope. At least Uncertainty, Imperfections and Rhyme and Reason qualify.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin - A Song About A Person On A Train
- Fan Girl - Has improvised a song about Charlieissocoollike taking his shirt off from a fan girl’s perspective
Also has a fair few of his own
- Hilarious Outtakes - "You have one of the least subtle tastes in jewelry I have ever seen in a woman!" It Makes Just As Much Sense in Context.
- I Am the Band – Plays over thirty instruments, sings and has also produced music
- Lyrical Dissonance - About Our Universe has a pretty uplifting tune. Nevermind it's about someone thinking about opening the plane doors mid-flight.
- Self-Backing Vocalist - Often, especially in his earlier songs.
- Self-Deprecation - His first two albums are called Awkward Ballads for the Easily Pleased and Painfully Mainstream.
- Theme Naming - All songs on his album Explorers 3 have three letter titles, while all song titles on Explorers 4 start with D, the fourth letter of the alphabet.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair – Has had blue hair since 2010