|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tomoaki Ishizuka (best known by his stage name of "Pata," either chosen by himself or bestowed upon him by other bandmates because of how he reminded them of the character in a manga) is a Japanese rock guitarist best known for being the second guitarist of the band X Japan. Before his days with X Japan, he had his own band, "Judy" which he had asked Yoshiki to join, an offer which was turned down. Later, when one of X's guitarists took ill, Yoshiki asked Pata to join X Japan, he accepted, and the band's most recognizable lineup was in place.
Pata began a solo career in 1993, with the Pata's Bootleg concert and self-titled album "Pata." When X Japan lead guitarist hide began his solo career, Pata often played as one of his supporting guitarists as a member of Spread Beaver. He also played support for other bands and artists and toured with hide up until 1996.
After hide's death, he organized an alternative-rock band called Dope Headz with X Japan bassist Heath, and he continued to play with Heath in Dope Headz until the dissolution of the band. He would go on to form his current band, Ra:IN (members Pata [g], Michiaki [b], Tetsu [d], D.I.E. [keyboards, programming, vocals]
He also appeared in the Japanese rock film "Attitude."
- Pata (November 4, 1993)
- Raised on Rock (July 5, 1995)
- Fly Away (September 21, 1994)
- Shine on Me (January 21, 1995)
- Patent Applied For (March 25, 1998)
- PAF.#0002 (February 24, 1999)
- Primitive Impulse (June 6, 2001)
- Planet of the Dope (July 24, 2002)
- The Line (November 7, 2003)
- Before the Siren (March 8, 2006)
- Metal Box (April 9, 2008)
Provides Examples Of
- Badass Beard: He grew a beard and mustache over 2011.
- Breakup Breakout: Ever heard of Judy? .... all right then, heard of X Japan?
- Carpet of Virility
- Companion Cube: Just try to find a a tour pic where his beloved guitar isn't within three feet of him.
- Cool Old Guy
- Cuteness Proximity: Pata loves cats.
- Drunken Master: Pata has gone on stage drunk, drinks during shows, and none of it seems to have any effect on his incredible skill.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: At least in old days; nowadays, not so much.
- I Call It Vera: Pata's favorite guitar (the '59 finish Les Paul) is named Jomuko...and it's been voted vice-president of Ra:IN.
- Intercourse with You: "All The Way," which is, unsurprisingly, about groupies.
- Rockstar Song: From Pata's solo career and his first album, "Story Of A Young Man." It's his autobiographical song.
- Rummage Sale Reject: His style as of 2007 or so onward.
- Shrinking Violet
- Survivor Guilt: For hide and now Taiji. Sadly enough, the two people in the scene Pata was closest to in life are now both dead...
- The Red Stapler: Les Paul guitars, Jack Daniels whiskey, the Yomiuri Giants, "Patalliro!", and cats.
- Those Two Guys: Pata is one, Heath the other. Yoshiki, hide, Toshi, and occasionally Taiji are the band members most people think of first.
- Younger Than They Look: Pata is only 46 years old.